As a not-for-profit organization, Mass General Brigham is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Mass General Brigham supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Mass General Brigham is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
Responsible for facilitating the development of end-user requirements; detailing such requirements and working with people analytics management and business staff to implement these requirements. Test and validate data for accuracy in collaboration with HR, Finance, and Business Analysts.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
Data analytics tends to be project-based, centered on one or more of the following areas:
• Optimizing and implementing new data processes and systems.
• Maintain data tools, reporting and dashboards.
• Produce and deliver standard (monthly, quarterly, and annual) and customized HR reports.
• Respond to HR data requests on an ad hoc basis by assembling, analyzing, and reporting relevant data from different sources.
• Maintain HR data integrity by ensuring accuracy and consistency of input data. Audit HR data and fix irregularities. Support data governance processes.
• Develop & maintain a data glossary
• Responsible for master data entry.
• Collaborate with HR and Finance on system upgrades and analyses
• Responsible for addressing a high volume of system-related activities in a timely manner while maintaining a high level of quality and internal customer happiness.
Holds self and others accountable for all works activities, research and personal actions and decisions; follows through on commitments and focuses on those activities that have the greatest impact on meeting measurable high quality results for People Analytics' success. In conjunction with Mass General Brigham mission, exercises ethical practices, supportive words and behaviors, and equitable treatment of other in all activities.
Develops, analyzes, and reviews project as specified by the Analytics Director
• BS/BA required, preferably in computer science, mathematics, statistics or related field. Master's degree in subject area requiring data manipulation and analysis preferred.
• 3-5 years data analyst experience.
• 6 years of experience in business analysis - human resources or finance experience preferred.
• Ability to be a teammate, sharing information willingly and accurately
• Must be able to work independently with limited to no supervision
• Ability to see a project through from beginning to end; deliver complete and accurate documentation to support the project; communicate project achievements and scope changes as they arise
• 3+ years of hands-on experience developing and managing databases, data collection and conducting descriptive and other statistical analyses
• Demonstrable skills in data management.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint & Word skills required.
• Solid grasp of SQL.
• Strong Tableau/PowerBI knowledge required (R, Python, SAS, SPSS knowledge a plus).
• Previous experience with PeopleSoft HR/Payroll/General Ledger strongly preferred.
• Experience with statistical modeling, descriptive statistics & KPIs.
• Advanced application of conceptual, sophisticated data analytical skills and critical thinking.
• Must handle confidential and sensitive information appropriately.
• Demonstrable ability to work independently while sustaining ongoing relationships with colleagues
• Must be self-starter with the ability to identify problems/issues and offer workable solutions.
• Strong oral and written presentation/interpersonal skills.
• Must possess superb communication skills both orally and written to provide the appropriate level of production support, communicating issues and resolutions to all levels of staff and management, in person and email.
• Ability to question/challenge assumptions in a constructive manner.
• Significant experience in training others to use data.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear; use hands to finger; handle; or feel; reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop; kneel; or crouch.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Normal office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.
Mass General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law. We will ensure that all individuals with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.