The Payroll Coordinator is an important role in Imprivata s Human Resources Department. This role
requires accuracy, timeliness with a focus on meeting deadlines. This role has great deal of interaction
with a diverse group of internal clients at all levels of the organization. This position is responsible for the
technical elements of payroll, taxes, garnishments, and W-2 year end filings. Taking initiative, discretion,
and confidentiality are key aspects for this role.
Duties and Responsibilities
General HR Responsibilities
- Process semi-monthly, bi-weekly, and off-cycle payrolls for both exempt and non-exempt
- employees in UKG,
- Validation, processing, and submission of payroll data
- Standard and ad hoc reporting as needed.
- Complete verification of employment requests.
- Assist with providing payroll-related information and audit requests.
- Handle payroll tax notices as needed.
- Resolves complex payroll processing and employee issues.
- Monthly, annual and ad hoc reporting to Human Resources Management.
- Handle garnishment notices as needed
- Applies for and sets up withholding taxes in new states
- Special projects as assigned.
- Cross-train on International payroll
- Participates in employee onboarding responsibilities (gathering paperwork, presenting HRIS/Payroll information at new hire orientation program).
- Assist in maintaining electronic employee files.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Bachelor s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance or related discipline or equivalent experience in a professional environment.
- 2+ years of experience of payroll preparation for a multi-location organization with domestic payrolls.
- Strong knowledge of payroll systems, UKG & ADP a plus
- Knowledge of payroll tax laws, garnishments,
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to prioritize, be detail oriented, multi-task and have good organization skills.
- Keen focus on accuracy, timeliness, responsiveness and have a customer service approach.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
Imprivata provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups. The Company is requiring all of its new employees who regularly work at a Company office, attend Company-related events/meetings, or travel on behalf of Imprivata to be vaccinated against COVID-19. However when an employee cannot be vaccinated because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance, the Company will consider whether a reasonable accommodation is required by applicable law. If you believe that you cannot be vaccinated because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance, you may request an accommodation by contacting us. Otherwise, you will need to provide proof of your COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing employment.