Blue Bell, Pennsylvania, United States ()
Apply for Job Share this Job Sign Up for Job Alerts
Company: H&M Shared Services, Inc.
H&M Shared Services, Inc. (H&MSS) connects marketing, financial, administrative, and other support resources to Henkels & McCoy (H&M). Henkels & McCoy is an industry-leading utility construction firm providing critical infrastructure design, construction, and maintenance services for the power, oil & gas pipeline, gas distribution, and communication markets throughout North America. Founded in 1923, H&M adapts nearly a century of experience to the dynamic infrastructure needs of today. H&M has been recognized with an E.I. DuPont Safety Excellence Award and is a founding member of the ET&D Partnership, a collaborative industry partnership working to reduce fatalities, injuries, and illnesses in the electric line construction industry. H&M is a subsidiary of MasTec, a certified Minority-Controlled Company by the National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC).
We provide comprehensive benefits packages that fit the needs of our full-time employees and their families. We offer a wide variety of benefits including medical, dental, life and disability insurances, 401(k), vacation, holiday pay and flexible work schedules.
The Payroll Analyst serves as the subject matter expert and provides, direction, and guidance in payroll taxes to the H&MSS Payroll Department. Reporting to the Payroll Supervisor this role will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations related to multi-state payroll compliance, customer service, reporting, and auditing.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Functions as the Company liaison to ADP analyzing reconciling and resolving tax and compliance related issues to ensure tax filings are accurate and comply with federal, state, and local regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Oversees payroll tax reporting process for multi-state employers.
- Serves as a primary point of contact for internal and external payroll tax related inquires.
- Independently researches and responds to questions concerning federal, state, and local withholding and unemployment compensation issues and makes recommendations for improvement as required.
- Maintains current knowledge of payroll tax laws.
- Maintains company State Unemployment Insurance (SUI)rates in JDE Enterprise One
- Demonstrates commitment to Companys Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
- Collaborates with the Payroll Business Analyst to analyze and evaluate existing processes and procedures and implements improvements when needed.
- Ad hoc analysis, projects and reconcilements as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PREFERRED SKILLS:
- Proficient in use and understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities with competing deadlines.
- Exceptional analytical, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Acute attention to detail and ability to promote high quality standards.
- Exhibits behaviors of honesty, commitment to goal achievement and effective relationships with colleagues.
- Ability to lead by example, acknowledge and assume responsibility for successes and failures in terms of actions, decisions, processes, and results.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associates Degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent work experience in a payroll or finance environment.
- Experience in researching, compiling, and analyzing financial data and information.
H&M Shared Services Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.