Want to hear something crazy? Cars only spend 5% of their time driving. Where do they spend the other 95%? PARKED!
LAZ Parking is one of the largest and fastest growing parking companies in the country. LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces across the country. When it comes to parking, we re the experts!
We are also a PEOPLE FIRST company. We often say "parking is our industry but people are our passion." Our mission is to "create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients". If you re looking to join a growing company led by passionate people committed to being the best - contact us today! The Spirit of the Position:
The Garage Ambassador
is responsible ensuring the overall operation of the garage is functioning at it's best. This will mean interfacing with customers, handling parking disputes, providing effective communication between customers, clients, and the rest of the operations team. This position will also include minor maintenance and janitorial responsibilities while providing a security presence for the facility typical for garages and surface lots. It's necessary for us to ensure the facility is maintained, secured and cleaned on a daily basis. Principal Job Duties:
- Greet customers, be responsive and timely with correspondence and problem resolution, and display a caring attitude, develop a rapport with the customer base.
- Provide assistance to customers in garage.
- Assist customers as needed over intercom system, in lobbies, lanes, and in the parking office.
- Promote good customer relations by consistently providing premier customer satisfaction with a friendly demeanor, can-do attitude, and willingness to help at all times.
- Outwardly present yourself as courteous and professional, by wearing proper uniform and engaging with customers as needed
- Ensure garage is maintained and cleaned on a daily basis.
- Provide security presence by observing cameras, performing site roves, and being stationed at either facility access points
- Responsible for general maintenance of the garage - sweeping, mopping, wiping down surfaces and equipment, emptying trash, picking up trash, changing light bulbs, painting etc.
- Assist with snow removal and management of winter upkeep (managing sidewalks and garages).
- May need to operate pressure washer and/or floor sweeper/scrubber to ensure floors are clean and safe.
- First line of security presence. Must perform security roves and be comfortable escorting trespassers off the property
- Responsible for ensuring all daily duties on maintenance checklist are completed efficiently and timely.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED preferred but not required.
- Experience with general facility maintenance preferred.
- Experience in customer relations.
- Security background a plus
- Parking industry experience is preferred but not required.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively.
- Willingness to be flexible, work multiple facility locations.
- Ability to handle challenging and at times, emotionally charged situations.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to speak, read, and comprehend the English language.
- Must be able to make decisions independently and stay firm on decisions made (not easily persuaded).
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness.
- Excellent team building and interpersonal skills.
- Being Trainable and Coachable
- Experience using Smartphones
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 30 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk and run for extended periods of time.
- Ability bend, stoop, squat and lift frequently throughout a shift.
- Ability to operate machinery including a golf cart.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
This Employer participates in E-Verify.