Apply for this job now
Palliative Care job in Columbus, IN (Physician )
- Columbus, Indiana
- Job Type
- 2 Aug 2022
Apply for this job now
Hospice/Palliative Medicine opening in Columbus, Indiana.
Palliative Care Directorship opening in Columbus, IN
Located 45 miles from Indianapolis, IN
Full-time, permanent -or- part-time, permanent
Seeks a physician leader to serve as Medical Director for their Columbus, Indiana based organization. Ideal physician will have at least 2 years experience in the care of terminally and chronically-ill patients. Experience in managing a team of medical professionals is preferred. Physician must be fellowship trained and must be Board Certified in Hospice/Palliative Care. Active licensure in Indiana is required.
The physician will:
Serve as the Medical Director of Hospice and Palliative Care Services, assuming responsibility for the clinical/medical coordination, development, evaluation and supervision of both programs.
Provide overall clinical/medical leadership for the medical component of the organizations patient care and services provided at all organizations multiple locations; ensuring that all patients are appropriate for admission, and serve as the physician member of the IDG.
Help nurture and grow a well-established, highest quality hospice program, and support the growth of an already successful new palliative program
Collaborate and partner with a leadership team of highly skilled professionals committed to the growth of the organization; and lead a multidisciplinary team of motivated clinicians to provide individualized care to patients; and participate in the establishment and implementation of the plan of care for patients.
Be responsible for the palliation and management of the hospice patients terminal illness and related conditions in conjunction with the patients attending physician, or serve as the attending if one is not assigned; and be responsible for the palliation of symptoms and coordination of care of the palliative patients conditions in conjunction with the patients current physicians.
Assume primary responsibility for monitoring and compliance for the medical component of hospice and palliative care programs with all applicable standards, regulations and requirements; and participate in ethics and policy committees as needed, within the organization and the health system.
Establish, coordinate and participate in 24-hour medical staff call coverage for the organizations patients
Assume primary responsibility for providing in-service training for staff, peer-to-peer consultation, re-certification face-to-face assessments, and communication with referral sources when applicable.
Assume responsibility for promoting hospice and palliative care education with hospice and palliative care medical and nursing staff, referring hospitals and physicians; and participate in community education to support the growth of the organization.
Be responsible for providing direct supervision of Hospice Physicians and Nurse Practitioners and assess and evaluate their competency on an annual basis; ensure medical staff documentation is accurate, timely, and in compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements.
Report to the President of the organization and collaborate with leadership on strategic planning for organization and census growth, and development of additional programs and community offerings.
We offer a competitive compensation package and generous benefits, retirement, time off, and CME allowance.
- Competitive annual salary
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Generous Paid Time Off program
- CME Allowance
- Call schedule conducive to work/life balance
- Excellent collaborative work environment
- Relocation allowance
- Full time opportunity will consist of 5 days/week
- Call responsibilities are 1 day per week, 1 in 5 weekends and 1 holiday per year
- State of the art facility
Join a network encompassing many specialties in the health system. You will also receive administrative and IT support allowing you to focus on patient care and service.
- The Hospice is a not-for-profit organization providing 24-hour service to patients in their place of residence with 4 interdisciplinary teams of nurses, social workers, chaplains and home health aides supporting the medical care of patients. The 14-bed In-patient Hospice Center is dedicated to intensive management of symptoms and respite periods for enrolled patients.
- Physician team is supported by a leadership team that includes compliance, quality and education; administrative and billing support; human resources; and Referral Liaisons provide support with marketing and new patient referral
- Job Reference: 674981907-2
- Date Posted: 2 August 2022
- Recruiter: Archway Physician Recruitment
- Location: Columbus, Indiana
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Permanent