Ashburn Consulting, LLC, based in the Washington, DC metropolitan area, specializes in providing network and network security solutions in complex environments to a select set of government and business clients. The company, an established leader in it's field, is composed of an elite team of engineers and business consultants, each of whom is recognized -and highly regarded-within the network and security communities.
Ashburn's professionals have many years of field experience in large-scale environments, as well as backgrounds that encompass the full technology life cycle: analysis, design, planning, development, implementation, and ongoing support. This, combined with ongoing training and certification in the latest technologies, allows us to engineer optimized, comprehensive client solutions. At Ashburn Consulting, we pride ourselves on bringing our clients an exceptional depth of knowledge and breadth of service.
Since 2020, Ashburn Consulting has been in a growth mode and continuing to expand in both government and private markets. We continue to add individuals who possess high level networking expertise for our long-standing list of federal government, state and local government, and private sector clients.
Why should you consider Ashburn Consulting for your next career move?
• Long term clientele offering long-standing career paths
• Highly competitive compensation
• Comprehensive benefits (Vacation, Holiday, 401K, Dental, Vision)
• Company culture built on Integrity, honesty and teamwork.
• Leadership's commitment to professional career developmentJob Description
We are looking to fill a Networking/Telecommunications Professional who is a hands on individual.
- The role includes the physical deployment of network equipment - candidates must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. if needed
- Candidates should have a good understanding of basic networking in a distributed environment
- Must be able to be on on-site and work after hours when required. Most of the refreshes will be done during non-business hours
- Rack and Stack network Equipment (Network, Power systems, and any peripheral equipment)
- Fiber and copper cabling and cable organization with adherence to best standards
- Perform Network Room Readiness Assessments to ensure appropriate power, cabling types, lengths, optics, rack layout, room layout, etc.
- Create rack elevation diagrams for physical deployment• Commission and Decommission of Hardware according to County standards (Network, UPS, Server, Firewalls, etc.)
- Baseline deployed hardware, including performing essential code upgrades on hardware, establishing management network connectivity for configuration and logical deployment
- Work closely with Project Managers and Lead Engineers teams to provide successful implementation
- Must have 3 - 5 years or more of professional experience in a related discipline
Network Room design and processes (power, cooling, redundancy)
- Previous experience working in a complex high availability network environment
- Hands-on expertise of midrange systems in a large scale environment (Cisco, Aruba, Network UPSs')
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs if needed • Strong troubleshooting and organizational skills
- Must be available for off business hours and on call as needed.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment on multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic, adhere to deadlines, ability to work both independently and as a team
- Demonstrate excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills
- Demonstrate effective client management
- A+, Net+, CCNA, or higher professional certifications are a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Visio
- Must be well organized, responsible, and accountable.
- Must be detail-oriented, quick to learn, self-motivated.
- Strong communication skills, ability to follow directions and execute written procedures.
- Must be available for some work off-hours and weekends.
- Must communicate effectively with associates and others over telephone, SMS text, and via email.
- Display teamwork within a process driven environment and collaborate with all levels of personnel
Employee will be expected to work on-site at our Arlington, VA client site.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled. An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status
Ashburn Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer.
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request and accommodation in order to apply for a position with Ashburn Consulting, please e-mail ."