Core Scientific is a best-in-class, large-scale operator of dedicated, purpose-built facilities for digital asset
mining and a premier provider of blockchain infrastructure, software solutions, and services. We are the
leader in high-performance, 100% net carbon-neutral infrastructure and software solutions that power the
world's leading blockchain companies. We are laser-focused on the long-term success of
our customers, and we are uniquely positioned to address the large, rapidly growing digital asset
We are a group of product visionaries, talented engineers, and customer-obsessed inventors who deliver
best-in-class blockchain infrastructure and hosting for our clients. We are growing our digital asset mining
practice and pioneering innovative financial products and services through blockchain technology. Our
solutions enable companies to host and monitor their blockchain hardware, optimize blockchain mining,
render images, host nodes, and get the best ROI on their hardware.
Joining a company that is focused exclusively on the hypergrowth technology of blockchain is exhilarating
and game changing. Core Scientific isn't for the faint of heart. It requires smart, creative, collaborative
teams who work hard and fast. If this appeals to you, you will thrive here and be a part of something
special. Unapologetically, we work hard, run hard, keep bureaucracy to a minimum and hold ourselves
accountable in our quest to build something special. If these things interest you, we hope you'll consider
joining our team.
Reports ToData Center Site Manager/Vice President Networking Operations
Network Engineers establish, develop, and maintain computer networks in our data centers and our
company locations. They provide support to all users, including team members and clients and fix any
issues that occur. They also design new networks. Network Engineers provide support for system
installation and define, document, and put into effect system standards. They secure network systems by
setting up and applying policies.
Why is this role important to Core Scientific?
As the network engineer, you'll have responsibility for setting up, developing, and maintaining computer
networks within our organization. You'll offer support to our staff, clients, suppliers, and troubleshoot any
problems that arise.
• Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve software, hardware, and other network and system
• Build and maintain WAN/LAN across a geographically diverse set of locations for mission critical
• Design, plan, implement and monitor wireless networks across locations that support video, data,
voice and more
• Add/modify/change disaster recovery plans and test operations (game day events) for
compliance to DR strategy
• Contribute to and own capacity planning of mission critical connectivity services
• Continuously review network performance and implement preemptive solutions to otherwise
• Carry out the configuration of routing and switching equipment.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technology field. A
Master's degree in Computer Science or a related technology field is a plus.
• 5 - 10 years' experience managing and maintaining an enterprise network environment.
• Network certifications including CCIE, CCENT, CCNA a plus.
• 5 - 10 years' experience managing wireless networks.
• Expertise with a variety of vendors' equipment, including but not limited to Cisco, Juniper, Arista,
Palo Alto Networks, HP, Dell/EMC, IBM, Pure Storage, and NetApp.
• 5 - 10 years' experience with LAN and WAN architectures and technologies; including, but not
limited to, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, HSRP, VRRP, DNS, VPNs and DHCP.
• Expertise with recovery and backup technologies is required.
• Experience with virtualization platforms (VMWare, Xen/XenServer/Hyper-V) and cloud-based
infrastructure is a plus.
• Ability to run and troubleshoot copper and fiber network cabling.
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
• Problem solver extraordinaire.
This job operates in a professional office, warehouse, and data center environment. This role routinely
uses standard office, warehouse, and data center equipment such as laptop computers, photocopiers,
smartphones, ladders, forklifts, and scissor lifts.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands,
running cables, bending, reaching, standing for long periods of time, able to lift up to 50 pounds and
working in hot and cold environments etc.
Position Type/ Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and work related travel to the data centers at least 75% of the time.
Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.