Challenging Today. Reinventing Tomorrow. We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships. At Jacobs, we challenge the status quo and redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, transforming big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed today and into tomorrow Your Impact:
This position is CONTINGENT upon contract award. Our recruiting team will follow up with you on your application. Our hiring team will not start the interview evaluation process until award.
Across our company, across our offices, across the world, were continually challenging today to reinvent tomorrow. At Jacobs, we make the world smarter, more connected, more sustainable, and more secure. Together, were pushing the limits of whats possible. We stay ahead to create the new standards our future needs. Challenging today is our response to the increasing complexity our world is experiencing.
It calls on us to join forces, putting our knowledge and imagination together to reinvent the way we solve problems and shape the next generation of innovative solutions. Reinventing tomorrow is our promise and an invitation to raise the bar in everything we do.
From the brilliant solutions we create with our clients, to the open and inclusive culture we create for our people. From the positive difference we make in our communities, to the added value we deliver to our shareholders.
We're invested in you and your success.
What we do is more than a job, we work every day to make the world better for all. Everything we do in Jacobs Critical Mission Solutions (CMS) Line of Business/Advancing National Security (ANS) Business Unit from building communication networks and testing next generation military systems to training intelligence specialist and supporting national security programs protecting the United States is more than projects outlined in proposal requests. Theyre our challenges as human beings, too.
We want people who are thoughtful, collaborative, and inclusive to join our team and make a positive impact on the world. Job Description:
Will complete tasks assigned by Senior Network Engineer. Under general supervision will install, configure, and support an organizations local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), Agency Internet Network (AIN), Intranet and Internet and other data communications systems or a segment of a network system; maintain network hardware and software; monitors network to ensure network availability to all system users and perform necessary maintenance to support network availability; provides support to projects that involve networks; and provides support in the translation of business requirements into telecommunications (e.g., LAN, MAN, WAN, Voice and Video) requirements, designs and orders. Heres What Youll Need: Required Certification:
- IATIII A "Professional" level CE certification for the equipment being supported; OR A "Professional" level network certification with emphasis on advanced routing technologies (i.e., Cisco CCNP); OR An Associate level certification with at least seven (7) years of direct experience supporting an Enterprise Data Center network
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must pass drug testing.
- Must be able to read and write effectively in English.
- Must embrace Beyond Zero/Safety principles of Jacobs to include; adhering to safe work practices and standards while performing daily tasks, taking responsibility for own and coworkers safekeeping, and encouraging others to work safely.
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner to get along with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
- Must perform work activities requiring interaction, negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading, or speaking with others.
- Must be flexible to support the customer.
- Must be a resident in the local area of the main supported unit.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to gain cooperation from others through tact, courtesy, and diplomacy.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws () and supplemental language () .