At Utica National Insurance Group, over 1,300 employees countrywide take our corporate promise to heart every day: To make people feel secure, appreciated, and respected.
While we had humble beginnings in 1914, today the Utica National Insurance Group is an "A" rated $1.4B award-winning, nationally recognized organization providing personal and commercial property & casualty insurance products and services.Our Mission
is to continually meet the needs of our policyholders, agent/customers and employees resulting in sustainable profitable growth in an increasingly competitive marketplace.
We are proud to sell our products through more than 2,200 independent insurance agents around the country as we have been since 1928. These agents provide their clients with valuable insight and resources. And, as the second-largest insurer ofAgents Errors and Omissions(E&O) business in the United States, we insure many of the agents who work with our policyholders.Our purpose
is to make people feel secure, appreciated, and respected. These Values define the character of our employees. They personify Utica National - describing what it means to "be Utica National" and how we approach doing business. Together, with our agents, we are committed to providing our mutual policyholders with valuable services and products to help them feel secure.Essential Functions:
- Troubleshoots hardware and software network related problems.
- Monitors network systems and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Serves as a liaison with communication to vendors to ensure the proper operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Analyzes network components for upgrades and recommends network enhancements.
- Assists in the planning of large scale systems projects through vendor comparison and cost studies.
- Configure and maintain routers and switches for network systems.
- Provide input on direction for corporate standards for network technology implementation, including network hardware platforms, network operating systems and network security.
- Maintain appropriate configuration and change control documentation. Follow up on changes and periodically review service levels.
- Work with Network and Telecommunications support staff to establish and implement test procedures for all network changes.
- Develop disaster recovery scripts and travel as required for disaster recovery testing for assigned systems.
- Requires thorough knowledge of LAN/WAN systems, networks, and applications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Conforms with all corporate policies and procedures.
Bachelor's Degree preferred.Experience:
1-4 years experience in a technical field.Benefits:
We believe strongly that talented people are core to our success and are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages, career advancement and challenging work opportunities. We offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan for full time employees that include the following:
- Medical and Prescription Drug Benefit
- Dental Benefit
- Vision Benefit
- Life Insurance and Disability Benefits
- 401(k) Profit Sharing and Investment Plan(Includes annual Company financial contribution and discretionary Profit Sharing contribution based upon annual company financial results)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Assistance, Training, and Professional Designations
- Company-Paid Family Leave
- Adoption/Surrogacy Assistance Benefit
- Voluntary Benefits - Group Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity, Critical Illness, Legal, ID Theft Protection, Pet Insurance
- Student Loan Refinancing Services
- Membership with Back-up Care, Senior Solutions
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Matching Gifts program
- PaidVolunteer Day
- Employee Referral Award Program
- Wellness programs
This position is a full time salaried, exempt (non overtime eligible) position.
As part of our hiring process, candidates must also pass a comprehensive background check and drug screen, additional screening for credit or MVR may be required for some positions.
Utica National is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply now and find out what it s like to be a part of an amazing team, thrive in an exciting environment and work for a company you can be proud of. Once you complete your application, you can monitor your status in the hiring process by logging into your profile. A representative from our Talent Acquisition team will be in touch regarding any change in your candidacy.