The Network Administrator II participates in data network maintenance and support. This includes all networking systems including WAN/LAN/wireless infrastructure. The Network Administrator II also performs maintenance procedures on networking hardware, cabling, operating systems, and infrastructure. The Network Administrator II is expected to remain current on developments in telecommunications and networking technology. The Network Administrator II has strong technical knowledge and experience in routers, bridges, IP addressing, switches, hubs, other network devices, protocols, diagnostic tools and all existing network architectures (Ethernet, FDDI, ATM, etc). In addition, strong analytical and problem solving skills are critical to troubleshooting networking issues and analysis of system and network performance. The Network Administrator II is responsible for delivering high quality cost-effective solutions to all levels of users, and is also responsible for supporting the business goals and objectives for the Department, the Information Services Organization, and the organization as a wholeRequirements:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Math, preferred, or equivalent experience (4 years) recommended.
- Formal internetworking management training preferred.
- WAN - Familiarity with and ability to troubleshoot circuits (OC3, DS3, T1, ISDN (PRI and BRI), Frame Relay, ATM, Gigabit Ethernet, DDS, DSL, and Broadband Cable). Extensive knowledge in network protocols including TCP/IP, IPX, routing protocols (RIP, RIPv2, IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF and BGP).
- LAN - Extensive knowledge of Layer 2 and Layer 3 switching with in depth knowledge of IP addressing, Spanning Tree, Ether-Channeling (PAgP), Trunking, Multicasting, VLAN, and HSRP protocols. Good understanding of wireless access and security.
- Experience working with most Cisco products including; Catalyst Switches (1900, 2900, 3500, 4500, 5000, 6500); Routers (700, 800, 1600, 1700, 2500, 2700, 3700, 4500, 7200, 7500, RSM, and MSFC); and PIX Firewall.
- Working knowledge of mainframe, midrange, and Intel-based servers running in single and redundant/cluster configurations.
- Must have good understanding of all Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft AD, and Novell NDS.
- Good documentation skills using Visio or other documentation system.
- Acute awareness of security and vulnerability exploitation
- Experience with cabling infrastructure design and installation.
- Project Management experience
- Strong problem solving skills
- Patience, strong customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Good time management skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Four years experience in complex LAN and WAN environment desired.
- CCNA Required, CCNP or CCSP Preferred, MSCE or CNE Optional
Network Administrator II
Hi! I'm Eve, your personal assistant at CHRISTUS Health
You can ask me anything about our business, culture, team and more! I'm here to help.