An application analytics company that focuses on optimization, and intelligence choices for top developers, publishers, marketers, and analysts are looking for a back-end developer to join their small team to grow app businesses and report sales and marketing analytics for app developers.
They are bootstrapped and customer-focused and have built the best toolset to help app developers and marketers analyze and grow their app businesses. Some of their more well-known clients include Microsoft, Epic, and Snap.
*100% Remote position*
Required Skills & Experience
- You should have 3+ years professional software engineering experience. We are looking for people who are confident taking a project from being an idea to being in a customer's hands and want to help other teammates learn how to do likewise
- You are comfortable thinking about low-level performance details. We need to be able to optimize when it matters, though we aim to solve problems in the simplest and most legible way.
- You take a disciplined approach to development, testing, and quality assurance. Our platform is used by our members to make critical business decisions. We need to get it right. Every time.
- You want to help other teammates grow and learn. We all have something we can teach, and we all have something we can learn.
- You like solving problems and puzzles. Getting to that Aha! moment should feel good, and communicating the answer should come easily to you.
- You are ready to work on a platform used by tens of thousands every day. The problems we solve we have to solve at scale for companies like Airbnb, Epic Games, Microsoft, Slack, and Trello. While we try not to over-engineer, every feature we launch and every change we make has to keep this in mind.
Desired Skills & Experience
- A degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- Deep experience with any RDMS or other interesting durable storage system. We use MySQL mainly.
- You've scraped or collected data at scale. A big part of our business is collecting and organizing data for our customers from a multitude of external datasources.
What You Will Be Doing
- 100% backend .NET
- Planning and integrating a new data source or API integration that ingests a new dataset that mobile app developers need to run their businesses
- Scaling a critical scraping service
- Diagnosing and fixing performance issues in our API
- Reverse-engineering an app store's communication protocol
- Working with sales, marketing, and others on the product and engineering teams to envision and create new products and features for our users
You will receive the following benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Great Medical Insurance
- Great Dental Benefits
- Great Vision Benefits
- 20 days - Paid Time Off (PTO) + 3 in the winter and fed. holidays
- 401k retirement plan
- Monthly personal project days
- Stipend for your at-home remote setup
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis now and in the future.