Type of Requisition:
Regular Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
None Public Trust/Other Required:
Other Job Family:
Software Development Position Overview:
GDIT is seeking an experienced hands-on Java and Angular developer that has worked in multiple domains and have significant experience building web applications from start to finish. This role will require the developer to create web applications that include architectural characteristics like scalability, reliability, elasticity, security and resiliency using modern development tools.
We are seeking candidates experienced in optimizing development for a cloud environment and able to break down complex problems into simple solutions, while thriving in an environment where you have a voice and can impact team performance through seeking innovative process and development improvements Core Responsibilities:
Responsible for hands-on design and develop new web applications and services, acting as a major contributor to migrating existing applications and services to new solutions. Maintain and support existing web applications, including some during non-business hours. Citizenship and Education Requirements:
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or in a related field
- A different engineering, scientific or technical degree in combination with relevant work experience may be considered.
- MUST BE US CITIZEN
Helpful Skills Include:
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on front and backend web development experience
- Front and backend development of robust, enterprise-class web sites
- Writing and tuning SQL and noSQL database queries
- Coding experience in one or more object-oriented languages
- Coding experience in one or more scripted languages
- Designing data models and web APIs
- Experience with distributed and event driven design
- Working closely with users in an iterative development environment
- Experience working with testing frameworks
- Providing operational user support
- Pair Programming
- Tomcat Apache
- Cypress Testing Framework
- Agile Teams
- CI/CD environment
- Business Applications
- Security compliance standards
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.