Senior Medical Technologist - MT
Connected Health Care is searching for a Senior Medical Technologist to join a hospital team near Norwich, CT. 3+ years of generalist experience preferred. If you are a lab professional looking to take the next step in your career with a great organization, this opportunity is for you!
- Perform clinical laboratory assays in one or more of the technical disciplines
- Correctly receive specimens, print labels, and enter and verify patient data without errors
- Ensure that assay results are reported in a timely, legible, and meaningful format with appropriate reference values and/or interpretive comments
- Ensure that test selection and reference ranges are age-appropriate
- Ensure timely availability of laboratory results
- Perform quality control activities appropriate to each assay performed and respond appropriately to outlier results
- Participate in proficiency testing activities in each applicable technical area
- Be responsible for preventative maintenance and repair of instrumentation, as well as preparation of calibrators, reagents, and other materials
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be able to accurately produce test results and evaluate variances.
- Must be capable of consistent, independent judgment under fluctuating workload pressure.
- Must be able to communicate technical information clearly, both in direct communication and by phone.
- Must possess the qualities of integrity and good judgment.
- Must maintain good physical and emotional well-being.
- Must maintain qualities agreed to in Patients First Commitment (Attitude/Demeanor, Respect, Teamwork, Accountability/Initiative, Communication and Dedication to Excellence).
CERTIFICATION/LICENSE: ASCP Required - Medical Technologist (MT ASCP)
If you are interested in hearing more about this great opportunity, please contact:
Patrick - Healthcare Recruiter