Apply for this job now
Medical Data Entry Clerk
- Saint Charles, Missouri
- $20.00 Per Hour
- Job Type
- 4 Aug 2022
Apply for this job now
St. Charles, MO Company is looking for a medical data entry clerk to the team.
Previous billing and collections experience in a hospital or physician office that is great with following up with insurance and filing appeals is strongly desired
The medical data entry clerk maintains follow-up and collection activity including letters, telephone and personal contact. Maintains patient financial file and documentation, advises, informs and assists the patient/guarantor/family in regard to hospital financial policies. Performs other various clerical responsibilities as assigned. Identification of problem or un-collectible accounts required.
Monday - Friday / 8AM - 5PM
• Spot-checks documentation to ensure accuracy to ensure that all balances are correct before mailing to patient/guarantor
• Is responsible for follow-up on all assigned accounts of in-house and/or discharged patients
• Maintains and keeps current accounts assigned to collection work list to ensure a prompt follow-up
• Begins follow-up on accounts no less than 20 days from billed date and continues every 14 days or less as required. (When working accounts with multiple unpaid cycles/claims all cycles must be worked.)
• Clearly, documents in the patient accounting system every contact made to or by third party payer, patient, family or employee.
• Advises Business Office Manager of problem payers and/or accounts at time an issue is identified which may result in non-payment of claims
• Monitors and records all payments made on patient accounts, prorates balance to next payer or patient, and changes financial class appropriately.
• Notes payment discrepancies and resolves within 48 hours.
• Identifies inaccurate guarantor/admit data to Business Office Manager if consistent to ensure appropriate corrective action at front end occurs.
• Is responsible for making sure that accounts have been properly worked before moving to next financial class for insurance or patient responsibility.
• Audits for accuracy and prepares all adjustments and/or refunds within 48 hours of discrepancy being identified and submits to manager for approval according to established departmental procedures.
• Scans or submits information to be scanned in patient files as needed to keep all supporting documentation.
AppleOne is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair Chance Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Job Reference: 677718181-2
- Date Posted: 4 August 2022
- Recruiter: AppleOne
- Location: Saint Charles, Missouri
- Salary: $20.00 Per Hour
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Permanent