Heart Hospital of Austin is committed to investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more efficiently. Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered care? Submit your application for Mechanical Circulatory Support RN CVICU position and spend more time at the bedside with the patient.
At Heart Hospital of Austin we want to ensure we support you through all stages of your life as a nurse. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours! Whether you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role, shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at Heart Hospital of Austin!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Mechanical Circulatory Support Registered Nurse (RN) in the Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit (CVICU), you will be responsible for performing patient assessments, developing a plan of care, and implementing and evaluating care. You will administer medications and treatments as ordered by physicians. As the Registered Nurse, you will be responsible for directing, monitoring and evaluating the care delegated to non-licensed personnel on the team. As a member of the interdisciplinary care team, you will work collaboratively with the other members to assure the safe and accurate delivery of care.
* You will formulate a plan of care, revise the plan based on the patient's response to treatment and regularly evaluate plan for effectiveness
* You will conduct cardiac monitoring and identify dysrhythmias and treat appropriately
* You will monitor the hemodynamic status of patients and correctly interpret the results
* You will consult and collaborate with an interdisciplinary team to develop, evaluate and revise the plan of care to meet the patient's needs and goals
* You will administer medications and complete treatments according to hospital policy
* You will delegate work appropriately to non-licensed staff in accordance with standards of practice
* You will communicate with Resource Nurses, Team Leaders, and Physicians
* You will provide education materials to patients and families on care and treatments
* You will facilitate discharge plans in collaboration with the care team
* You will deliver competent care and ensure a safe and comforting environment resulting in a high level patient satisfaction
* Minimum of 1 - 3 years of experience as a Registered Nurse (RN) in an critical care setting
* Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN)
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) - preferred
License and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. David's Healthcare policy
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification required as per St. David's Healthcare policy
* CCRN within 6 months of hire and renewed every 2 years
* The MCS RN will also obtain the following MCS program competencies. These competencies will be provided by the hospital.
o Mechanical Circulatory Support
o Ventricular Assist Device (VAD)
o Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO)
o Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump management (IABP)
o Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT)
o Open heart recovery
Heart Hospital of Austin , which is part of St. David's HealthCare, is a 58-bed hospital. We are one of the highest performing cardiovascular facilities in the nation. We specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular disease. It features a comprehensive 24-hour emergency department. We have an advanced Executive Wellness Program. Our six operating rooms (ORs), including three hybrid ORs serve the city of Austin. We have three catheterization labs and electrophysiology services as well. It is home to one of the largest non-academic cardiovascular research programs in the world.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare's more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Mechanical Circulatory Support RN CVICU opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.