The Meat Clerk is responsible for keeping the meat area clean and safe, servicing customers, and maintaining meat display cases, while providing great customer service.
- Provide customer service at counter and engage customers on the sales floor.
- Wrap, weigh, and label weight items using scale system.
- Follow standard operating procedures regarding code dating, packaging, merchandising, storage, pulls, and damages.
- Assist in the preparation of meat products, mostly chicken and ground products.
- Collect all cardboard, plastic, and paper to dispose of in compactor. Dispose of all debris using compactor.
- Disassemble and reassemble power equipment to clean.
- Clean, sanitize and maintain all floors and equipment.
- Organize coolers to ensure sanitary conditions.
- Clean and sanitize equipment, table tops, floors, and walls after production.
- Remove and clean all barrels from processing area.
- Exercise safe food handling practices.
- Exercise proper safety practices when lifting or moving deliveries or using equipment.
- Operates the baler, compactor, grinder, slicer, tenderizer, scales, and wrapping machine in a safe manner.
- Communicate with co-workers on job assignments.
- Locate ad items in storage and fills display cases.
Secondary Job Duties:
- Perform price changes; make and put up signs.
- Keep display cases, cooler and freezer organized and clean; clean walls, fans and drains.
- Clean delivery and work area.
- Notify management of associate theft, customer shoplifting, unauthorized mark downs or property defacement.
- Present favorable impression in dress, personal hygiene and business attitude.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must demonstrate a willingness to learn.
- Demonstrate capability to interact with customers.
- Works with a sense of urgency to complete job tasks.
- Neatness in appearance, with a pleasant, outgoing, self-motivated personality.
- Capable of following verbal directions.
Never- 0%, Occasionally- 1-33%, Frequently- 34-66%, Continuously- 67-100%
- Never-Sitting, balancing, manual dexterity and crawling.
- Occasionally- climbing up to 8 foot height, stooping, kneeling, crouching, talking, and smelling.
- Frequently- carrying up to 80 lbs., pushing and pulling up to 300 lbs., lifting up to 80 lbs., and bending.
- Continuously- Standing on tile/concrete, walking on tile/concrete, reaching waist/overhead level, seeing, and hearing.
Safety Risk Factors:
- Never- hazardous cleaning solutions.
- Occasionally- Contact with skin irritant, toxic exposure (see Material Safety Data Sheets), and nuisance dust, fumes, sprays.
- Frequently-Loud noise, twisting of back and neck, and slippery or cluttered floor surface.
- Continuously- hazardous equipment (mechanical moving parts), and contact with sharp objects.
- Varied, irregular schedules.
- Working environment involves inside, cold, and wet/humidity.