Manufacturing Quality Control Engineer required a manufacturer in the aerospace industry based in Bristol. The successful candidate will have previous experience in a similar role and also a similar industry. We are seeking an enthusiastic individual demonstrating Engineering and Quality background. Ability to Inspect machined components using Manual and Automated techniques, including programming state of the art CMM. Supporting and facilitation to implement effective inspection control and certification plans. Driving daily quality monitoring, reporting towards zero defects across processes and stakeholders. Key focal for internal and external Customer/Supplier non-conformance activity.
Manufacturing Quality Control Engineer (Aerospace) Position Overview
Lead the development and deployment of advanced quality planning activities.
- implementation and management of inspection and certification control plans.
- CMM programming in support of NPI activity and in process components.
- in process production part approval using visual and dimensional inspection including First Off/First Article/FAIR Manual Inspection techniques, or automated utilising CMM, Opticline and shadowgraph equipment.
- final inspection of completed components or assemblies including signoff.
- manufacturing support to the production areas with reference to quality issues.
- ensuring procedures implemented or updated where appropriate.
- measurement systems evaluation.
- accomplishment of shop floor product sample and process audits to recognised schedule.
- process capability study, monitoring, and reporting.
Manufacturing Quality Control Engineer (Aerospace) Position Requirements
- Educated to HNC level or above or have a technical apprenticeship in an aerospace or similar engineering environment.
- Proven quality control and inspection technique experience.
- Operation of CMM equipment including programming.
- Practical knowledge of manufacturing and quality management systems.
- Ability to understand and interpret engineering drawings, technical data and customer specific requirements including geometric tolerancing.
- Proven knowledge of SPC and the deployment of appropriate process quality tools and techniques.
- In-depth experience of problem solving using appropriate quality tools and techniques such as 8D, 5 why.
- Effective prioritise daily activities to meet goals and objectives.
- Effective communication skills to enable you to liaise with a wide range of people, internally and externally.
- Flexibility and desire to work as a team player in a fast-paced customer-focussed environment.
- Working knowledge of Office based applications including MRP systems and processes.
- Experience of 3, 4 & 5 axis Milling machining, multi axis Turning and Grinding / Ancillary operations.
- An understanding of MRP systems and reporting.
- Full driving license desirable.
- PFMEA, PPAP, LEAN experience an advantage.
Manufacturing Quality Control Engineer (Aerospace) Position Remuneration
Salary likely Circa £30k-£32k
Bennett and Game Recruitment are a multi-disciplined technical recruitment agency based in Chichester, West Sussex operating across the UK with specialist teams covering a range of industries. We are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy, and in accordance with GDPR by applying you are granting us consent to process your data, and contact you in relation to this application and the services we offer.