VIA Motors is a core team of specialists, engineers, and innovators. With a passion for sustainability and a drive to innovate, we are transforming commercial fleet and last-mile delivery and in doing so, changing the world along the way.
Our fully electric commercial vehicles are tailored to unique fleet needs. Each vehicle is optimized to its route, saving money, and making the world more livable for all. Clean air. Quiet Neighborhoods. Less congested roads.
VIA Motors is looking for an enthusiastic Manager to lead the release and configuration management of software (SW) and calibrations (CAL) for our electrified vehicle programs.
From vehicle development through to production and service, this leader will identify, establish, and control all activities and resources necessary for the coordinated release of SW and CAL to all programmable components in a vehicle E/E system architecture that spans the following Functional Domains: Wake/Sleep & Operating State Management, Diagnostics & Failure Mitigation, Longitudinal Motion, Grid Management, Energy Management, Friction Braking & Stability, Lateral Motion, Thermal Management, Occupant Safety/Comfort, Interior/Exterior Visibility, Power & Signal Distribution, Connectivity & Telematics, Access & Security, HMI & Infotainment, Audio, and ADAS.
This is your opportunity to join our growing team and be involved at the forefront of electric vehicle technology development.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Develop and own the Level of Vehicle Function (LoVF) release plan for a phased roll-out of vehicle features, functions, and performance that achieves the program gates/milestones necessary for successful production launch and post-launch service OTA updates for enhancements and defect resolutions
- Work with Stakeholders (e.g. Validation, Marketing, Program Management, etc.) to establish the Vehicle features, functions, performance, and operating scenarios expected at each milestone in the LoVF plan
- Collaborate with Program Management, System Functional Domain Owners, E/E Component Technical Program Managers, Engineering Service Partners, Suppliers, etc. to establish Component-level SW and CAL release plans that are well-coordinated with HW deployment, System integration testing and validation plans, and satisfy the LoVF plan
- Track and adjust the LoVF and supporting Component-level SW and CAL release plans
- Regularly review and report the status of the LoVF plan, identifying problems, risks, schedule deviations, etc. and contingency plans
- Support the Vehicle System Integration Test Strategy definition: test property identification (e.g. virtual, HiL, labcar, vehicle, etc.), facility/equipment/tool/instrumentation requirements, and regression testing strategy for change management
- Contribute to the overall planning of Vehicle System Calibration and Testing activities to meet LoVF timing
- Create the Vehicle E/E System Release Notes for each LoVF release highlighting: change summary (e.g. enhancements, resolutions), known problems (e.g. unintended, limitations), SW/CAL configuration matrix, System Description, Integration DVP&R
- Release the Vehicle SW & CAL: initiate, confirm readiness, gain approval, assemble package, deliver, and notify
- Develop and own the Vehicle SW & CAL Configuration Management Strategy: work with the SW Update, PLM/ERP, and IT teams to specify a Release Classification/Numbering Scheme, an ECU Release Package Part Number Convention, a Database Management System that ensures the correct SW and CAL images are deployed to the programmable E/E components for each unique Vehicle Variant both at production end-of-line and for in-service OTA updates
Additionally, the successful candidate will contribute to and support at many steps of a Model-Based System Engineering (MBSE) V-cycle:
- Requirements elicitation, analysis, decomposition, derivation, and allocation following a top-down SysML methodology
- Architectural design, including structural and behavioral modeling, and component specification using SysML
- Component supplier monitoring/management, including review/approval of technical work products; identify/resolve problems, oversee change requests; support VIA supplier quality engineers
- ECU Release Package generation e.g. HW P/N, SW Program/CAL Images, Release Notes, etc.
General team duties:
- Work within a structured development process, actively and diligently documenting work activities in VIA's task management system, and participating in the peer review process to produce high quality work products
- Participate in continuous improvement of VIA's MBSE development process toward IATF 16949, A-SPICE, ISO 26262, and ISO 21434 compliance goals, including VDRIVETM IDE feature development, procurement, evaluation, selection, and deployment.
- Actively contribute to knowledge sharing within the team
- Take leadership roles as needed by the team in any of the aspects above where the successful candidate has the right combination of knowledge, experience, and interest
- Other related duties as assigned
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE:
- 7+ years of Technical Project or Program Management experience in the automotive industry, preferably on OEM production programs involving the integration/calibration/test of complex, software-intensive systems comprising multiple, interacting components sourced from Tier 1 suppliers
- Excellent planning, collaboration, facilitation skills to coordinate and leverage capabilities across a highly matrixed organization involving multiple products, channels, and functions
- Demonstrated ability to grow and lead a team of technical / design release engineers, either directly or through integrated partners/suppliers
- Demonstrated ability to foster a culture and team environment that attracts and retains world class talent (a place people want to work)
- Experience establishing and working in compliance with top-down engineering processes, base practices, and work products (e.g. Automotive SPICE, CMMI, etc.), including the system/SW/HW development aspects of safety and cybersecurity lifecycles prescribed by ISO 26262, ISO 21434, and ideally extending to SOTIF ISO 21448, STAMP-STPA
- 3+ years MBSE experience performing requirements analysis and architectural design using a SysML and/or UML tools (Magic Cyber, Cameo Systems Modeler, Enterprise Architect, Rhapsody, etc.)
- Deep understanding of production-intent and safety-related automotive control system design, test, debug, and/or calibration in multiple Functional Domains: ECUs, sensors, actuators, CAN/LIN/Ethernet/Wireless, embedded SW, algorithms, etc.
- Comfort working on a team in a shared modeling environment under tight version control using tools such as Git, SVN, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in a related engineering discipline (System, Mechanical, Electrical, Software, Mechatronics, etc.)
WHAT WILL PUT YOU AHEAD:
- BEV and/or Hybrid-Electric Vehicle (HEV, PHEV) development experience, including a deep understanding of electrified vehicle componentry and operation
- Experience with automotive IoT/connected vehicle development, including Firmware-Over-the-Air SW update management
- Experience with vehicle-to-EVSE communication protocols (e.g. SAE J1772, J2847, DIN 70121, IEC 61851, ISO 15118, etc.)
- Experience with vehicle/diagnostic communication protocols e.g. J1939, UDS ISO 14229, DoCAN ISO 15765, SAE J1979, WWH-OBD ISO 27145, etc.
- Knowledge of Dassault Systems 3DEXPERIENCE PLM tool or equivalent.
Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes the following benefits in addition to many others:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers, and adoptive parents
- Healthcare, dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family
- 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement
VIA Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status to all.
VIA Motors Participates in E-Verify
VIA Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, VIA Motors employees or any other organization location. VIA Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.