$5,000 Additional Cash Award offered - Apply today to learn more! Multiple positions available that may service the following areas: Cedar Falls, Decorah, Dubuque, Iowa City, Pleasant Hill and Waterloo.
When you join DIRECTV, you ll be a part of a team that s supporting our customers from the front lines. Whether it s connecting them to the latest technology or getting them plugged into our world-class services, your work will create connections and support our mission of taking entertainment to the next level. It s an opportunity to showcase your customer experience expertise and represent our company as the face of our brand. So, if you re up for delivering the future, we re up for providing you with a bundle of opportunities for success.
This position comes with competitive compensation up to $24.83 per hour to new hire employees! You ll also gain an amazing benefits package with medical/dental coverage, 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement and paid time off. Rounding out these benefits and perks, employees can choose one of the services below at a free or discounted rate:
- Free DIRECTV Premier Package with free installation (this includes free HBO Max, Cinemax, Showtime, Starz, & NFL Sunday Ticket Max)
- Free DIRECTV STREAM Premier Package (this includes HBO Max, Epix, Starz NBA League Pass,) and unlimited cloud DVR
- 25% off AT&T Cell Phone Service
As an Installation Technician, you ll work inside or out to install and repair equipment as you take the lead on providing our voice, data and video services. You ll need to be able to work independently, but most importantly, you ll need to have excellent customer service skills as you ll educate customers on the features and functionality of our services. We ll look to you to promote DIRECTV as a premier service provider while you provide best-in-class customer service during installations.
What you ll do:
- Install Network Interface Device (NID) and rearrange inside wire
- Place and replace Customer Premise Equipment (CPE)
- Place cross-connects as appropriate between SAC point and the 7330 or its equivalent
- Verify all services are working and demonstrate, sell and bill telephone service while engaging with customers
- Perform the maintenance of the CPE equipment, wiring & jacks inside the customer s premise up to and including the NID
- Use simple meters to perform Go, NO-Go type testing
- Perform work in buildings, attics, basements, and crawl spaces that involves bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, etc.
- Use a company PC to retrieve and complete orders
- Work outside in all types of weather while using and/or wearing appropriate safety equipment and following established safety practices and procedures
- Drive a company vehicle and/or report directly to work location
Here s what you ll need:
- Specific assignments may involve driving a company vehicle. At a minimum, you ll need to be18 years old with an acceptable driving record and a valid driver's license
- The ability to drive a vehicle with manual transmission, depending on job assignment
- A satisfactory attendance record and performance ratings in present job
- Satisfactory results from a security investigation, as required, unless previously met
- The ability to work varied hours. May be required to work day, evening, or night shifts; overtime, call-outs, weekends and holidays as required. On-call availability may be required. Out-of-town assignments may be required which may include travel and overnight stay
- You ll need to pass all necessary assessments
You ll also need to meet our physical requirements:
Additional Cash Award Details
- You ll need to complete a normal authorized medical evaluation for this job, unless previously met
- Must be able to wear body belt and pouch with tools weighing about 15 pounds and use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, drills and wrenches
- A Physical Abilities Evaluation (PAE) will be required. Lifting will be required, up to 80 pounds, depending on assignment
- To meet manufacturer's safety requirements on equipment used, candidate's body weight must not exceed 275 pounds for assignments involving ladder climbing
- Must be able to distinguish colors in accordance with specific job requirements, climb ladders up to 28 feet and work aloft with hand tools
- Must have the ability to climb poles and ladders
In order to qualify for the Additional Cash Award payout, all milestones listed above must be met while you are in good standing with no Code of Business Conduct (COBC) violations and/or written disciplinary actions
- $2000 of the bonus paid upon successful completion of training.
- $1000 after 6 months of continuous employment.
- $2000 after 12 months of continuous employment.
At DIRECTV, meeting our customers needs plays an important role in our success - but your ability to provide them with best-in-class service is even more critical. We re offering an opportunity to work at the frontlines of our company, connecting customers in your community with the best in tech and entertainment. Whether it s upgrading services or installing our products, your impacts will be felt by customers far and wide. There s no better time to join our team. So, what do you say? Are you ready to deliver the future of entertainment?
DIRECTV will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state, & local laws
Job Posting: Jun 15, 2022, 8:40:31 PM
Other Locations: Iowa-Dubuque, Iowa-Iowa City
Job Level: Hourly Occupational