LYDIA'S HOUSE, INC.
POSITION TITLE: Maintenance and Janitorial, 40 hours per week, benefits eligible
REPORTS TO: Facilities Manager
This position is responsible for the safety and upkeep of all residential and community
properties. Duties include regular and ongoing custodial tasks, routine maintenance and repairs,
apartment refurbishing and preparation for occupancy. Must participate in regularly scheduled
and possible emergency calls. Must maintain the confidentiality and privacy of residents.
• Assess maintenance needs. Perform all aspects of building maintenance such as minor
electrical and plumbing repairs, paint, plaster etc.
• Assist with volunteer work projects as assigned by the Facilities Manager.
• Carry Lydia's House pager and provide 24-hour emergency maintenance coverage on a
• Complete other special projects as assigned.
• Includes, but not limited to, the following:
• Keep all public areas clean and free of litter
• Sweep and mop floors, dust window ledges, and clean laundry machines
• Seal floors as necessary
• Keep community area clean
• Clean kitchen and community dining area after community meal
• General lawn care
• Snow removal
• Prepare apartments for move-in
• Occasional collection and distribution of donated items
OTHER DUTIES AS REQUESTED