Responsibilities Functional Responsibilities:
This position is a Systems Engineering position with a strong emphasis on Linux implementations for USSTRATCOMs enterprise and mission systems. The Linux Systems Engineer is responsible for all technical phases of projects addressing USSTRATCOMs Linux requirements. This responsibility includes initial requirements gathering and associated technical solution development, as well as implementation of the technical solution, testing, and overall project verification. Essential Job Functions
Candidate must be able to perform the following tasks:
- Perform as primary assigned engineer to prepare and implement technical solutions to address customer requirements.
- Coordinate requirements based on information gathered from customer-provided documentation, customer interviews, and affected lines of service.
- Develop project definitions and engineering estimates to include cost estimates and cost benefit analysis.
- Manage and/or perform implementation for approved technical solutions.
- Provide inputs on technical refresh and life cycle planning for systems assigned.
- Participate in all phases of the development life cycle with emphasis on the planning, analysis, testing and acceptance phases.
- Design and prepare technical reports and related documentation.
- Prepare briefings and prepare updates on project/task status.
- Prepare purchase requests and configuration management documentation.
- Attend Integrated Product Team (IPT) meetings with government customers to learn of new requirements.
- Require frequent interchanges with the customer to determine customer needs and ensure what is implemented meets those needs. Provide technical expertise, respond to taskings, etc.
- Build UNIX / Linux servers, ensure security requirements are met, test servers/systems/software/hardware, and integrate/install them into the production environment.
- Ensure all necessary documentation to operate and maintain the equipment and/or software is provided to the Operations Division team members.
- Perform performance monitoring and provide documentation of issues and recommendations to Operations Division team members.
: At Peraton, our benefits are designed to help keep you at your best, beyond the work you do with us daily. We are fully committed to the growth of our employees. From fully comprehensive medical plans, to tuition reimbursement, tuition assistance, and fertility treatment, we are there to support you all the way.
Must have a BS 8-10, MS 6-8, PhD 3-5 Requirements:
The following experience/knowledge is desired:
- RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 7.x / 8.x, VMware VSphere 6.x and higher, Red Hat Satellite 6.7 and higher
- Automation/Configuration Management for Linux (Puppet/Ansible)
- Containers (Docker/Kubernetes) and Container Orchestration (Tanzu/OpenShift)
- vRealize Automation and vRealize Operations
- Working understanding of system engineering processes and tasks including requirements gathering, creating a technical solution, implementation and test/verification.
- System integration (hardware, software, network, and database)
- Multi-hardware system operation, performance, and system effectiveness
- SAN hardware layout and configuration
- System security, Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG)
- System engineering tools, Visio
- Strong technical writing skills
- DOD 8570 Information Assurance Technical Level II (or higher) is required (e.g., Security + CE, CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, CND, SSCP)
- ITIL Foundations
- Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator (RHCSA)
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the worlds leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the cant be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
For Colorado Residents
Colorado Salary Minimum: $71,400 Colorado Salary Maximum: $173,300 The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position, and is just one component of Peraton's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Peraton provides a variety of benefits to employees.