OWC is a fast-paced, friendly atmosphere that advocates ingenuity and encourages every employee to contribute ideas towards the discovery of the next innovative concept that could change the world of technology. Our shared vision of the ultimate customer experience is a key component to achieving the industry-leading results OWC has become known for around the globe. We firmly believe that the best in life is obtained through dedicated teamwork and creativity.
OWC is an environmentally conscious company committed to the conservation of our planet's resources through the use of renewable energy and company-wide recycling programs. Today OWC is recognized as a leading zero-emissions Mac and PC technology company. Other World Computing (OWC) has been providing the highest quality hardware products and support to the computer industry since 1988, specializing in Mac upgrades and expansion products to extend the useful life of Macs and reduce e-waste. We have one of the largest online catalogs for computer and iDevice enhancement products through our e-commerce portal and have been steadily expanding the software solutions we provide as well through our brands SoftRAID and Mediafour.
OWC offers great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, 401K, short/long term disability, HSA and FSA accounts and a wellness program. We provide paid time off and 6 paid holidays as well as flexible schedule and work from home opportunities. We value our employees so there is potential for career growth, cross functional training, stretch assignments and ongoing educational opportunities.
Job Summary :
An Electronics Assembly Technician (Light Assembly 1) is responsible for assembling a variety of computer-based electronic devices. This is a repetitive, fast-paced position where assemblers have a primary focus on quality with a secondary focus on quantity of production.
- Recommends corrective actions for product field issues and other quality issues.
- Maintains personal testing equipment.
- Analyzes and resolves technical product problems in solving technical product problems.
- Communicates technical product information to appropriate departments.
- Meet/exceed the base time frame expected for the various builds as put forth by the Supervisor.
- Focus on maintaining QC (Quality Control) while batch processing electronic components.
- Install hard drives & optical drives into varying external enclosures, pretest, load software, and uniformly package devices for retail sale.
- Assemble/disassemble computer related products to OWC specifications.
- Be able to restore returned units to new condition, look, and appearance.
- Thoroughly follow specific guidelines to a process and efficiently complete tasks without supervision.
- Understand basic operation of Apple/Macintosh & Windows PCs, as well as label printers.
- Understand and interface with inventory management system and make accurate adjustments to critical documents and data without error.
- Notify supervisor of low packaging supplies so they can be reordered in a timely manner.
- Special projects as assigned by leadership.
- Demonstrate basic math skills.
- Adhere to OWC s high quality standards and demonstrate a high level of attention to detail over long durations.
- Able to accurately read small print.
- Work within professional production environment and interact with coworkers on a daily basis.
- Able to work 8-hour shifts (M-F), between the hours of 7 AM and 7 PM and Saturdays on a rotating schedule.
- Provide reliable transportation to and from work.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Must be detail oriented, have good critical thinking skills and possess the ability to facilitate information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret English language and follow Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to problem-solve and apply basic trouble-shooting skills to complete assigned tasks.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent is preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Capable of lifting up to 50 lbs. consistently and up to 70 lbs. occasionally.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and is subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.