Blue Shield of California's mission is to ensure all Californians have access to high-quality health care at a sustainably affordable price. We are transforming health care in a way that truly serves our nonprofit mission by lowering costs, improving quality, and enhancing the member and physician experience.
To fulfill our mission, we must ensure a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment where all employees can be their authentic selves and fully contribute to meet the needs of the multifaceted communities we serve. Our comprehensive approach to diversity, equity, and inclusion combines a focus on our people, processes, and systems with a deep commitment to promoting social justice and health equity through our products, business practices, and presence as a corporate citizen.
Blue Shield has received awards and recognition for being a certified Great Place to Work, best place to work for LGBTQ equality, leading disability employer, one of the best companies for women to advance, Bay Area's top companies in volunteering & giving, and one of the world's most ethical companies. Here at Blue Shield of California, we are striving to make a positive change across our industry and the communities we live in - join us!Your Role
The Identity Engineering team is responsible for the design, engineering, and operations of the Authentication and Authorization capabilities within the IAM department. The Identity Engineer, Consultant will report to the Identity Engineering Sr. Manager. In this role, you will provide ongoing support, request fulfillment of the related services, and provide escalation and support to internal application teams and team members.Your Work
In this role, you will:
Your Knowledge and Experience
- Operates as the subject matter expert in Directory and Identity solutions
- Carries out operational, strategic activities, and change management of all impact and risk levels.
- Engages in Incident Response, Audit, and Disaster Recovery practices. Directs remediation work as required internally.
- Participates and represents Identity Engineering within the organization at architectural, design, engineering engagements, and project efforts.
- Defines, publishes and maintains Directory & Identity standards, and operational documentation.
- Maintain awareness of current direction and changes in Directory, and Identity technologies.
- Lead proof-of-concept and prototyping efforts in both an infrastructure design and engineering capacity - collects, analyzes, and documents results; produces summaries and recommendations.
- Participates in on-call responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Proficient knowledge of Cloud and On-Prem Directory and Identity systems such as Active Directory, DNS, Azure AD and relevant systems
- Proficient knowledge of modern Authentication methods, standards and protocols such as Single Sign On SAML, Oauth, OpenID, Kerberos, LDAP, FIDO2, PIV, and other relevant mechanisms
- Proficiency and experience with technologies relating to the management of identities and certificates
- Ping Federate, Ping Access, PKI, and Identity and Access management products such as SailPoint, Okta, or other relevant systems.
- Experience in working with and managing on-prem and cloud-based Identity infrastructure and AD management applications such as Quest Active Roles, Men and Mice, Cyber-Ark, among others.
- Scripting and development experience in languages such as VBscript, PowerShell, and .NET (VB, C#) with a focus on automation.
- General knowledge of middleware systems such as Boomi, Tidal, and similar systems.
- Experience with Agile methodology.
- Excellent analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Positive attitude with good customer support / interpersonal skills
- Self-disciplined with good organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Honest. We hold ourselves to the highest ethical and integrity standards. We build trust by doing what we say we're going to do and by acknowledging and correcting where we fall short
- Human. We strive to be our authentic selves, listening and communicating effectively, and showing empathy towards others by walking in their shoes
- Courageous. We stand up for what we believe in and are