Gallagher Bassett is the premier provider of global claims services, dedicated to exceptional customer service and demonstrably superior outcomes. GB helps people, teams and businesses overcome adversity and loss through the guiding expertise of over 5,000 claims professionals, all committed to going beyond expectations in the continuous pursuit of a better way.
Investigates, evaluates, disposes and settles claims at the highest level of liability limits and highest exposures with minimal supervision. Incumbents at this level typically hold claims reserve and settlement authority of up to $49,999 in either liability or workers compensation. Includes the investigation, determination and evaluation of coverage, liability and damages, and the setting of proper reserves.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Exercises proper judgment and decision making to analyze the claims exposure, to determine the proper course of action and to appropriately settle the claim.
- Interacts extensively with various parties involved in the claim process. Will professionally represent Gallagher Bassett in client claims reviews with minimal supervisor support.
- Demonstrated ability to present cogent presentation of case facts, and a concise plan for closure.
- Will demonstrate complete knowledge of the claim file process through presentation of actions and responses to client questions.
- Processes claims consistent with clients' and corporate policies, procedures and "best practices" and also in accordance with any statutory, regulatory and ethics requirements.
- Independently able to comply with carrier reporting requirements; actively monitors carrier reporting thresholds and able to properly report those files reaching thresholds to the carrier.
- Able to recognize and independently pursue excess insurance recoveries.
- Demonstrates superior technical expertise through proper file documentation.
- High school diploma
- 7 or more years related claims experience required
- Appropriately licensed and/or certified in all states in which claims are being handled
- Extensive knowledge of accepted industry standards and practices
- Computer experience with related claims and business software
- Bachelor's Degree
- Must have complex General Liability (GL) Claims experience
- Must have Professional Liability and Employment Practices claims experience
- Must have knowledge of Coverage and Litigation
- Municipality experience desired
- Must have TX or FL Adjusters License (multi-state preferred)
- Ability to think critically, solve problems, plan and organize activities, serve clients, negotiate, effectively communicate verbally and in writing and embrace new challenges.
- Analytical skill necessary to make decisions and resolve complex issues inherent in handling losses.
- Ability to successfully negotiate the settlement and disposition of serious claims including the ability to interpret related documentation.
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered
- Are you 18 years of age or older or can you demonstrate legal capacity to enter a contract?
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization
- Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality/Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, sex, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, gender, gender identity / expression, actual or perceived sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.