Our Client is leading AAA console studio currently working on their new IP. We are looking for a Lead Gameplay Programmer
who exhibits passion and curiosity in building complex gameplay systems and leading the entire gameplay programming team.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- You will work with some of the industry's most exciting technology and work alongside talented individuals.
- Working across multiple departments and in close proximity with the Creative Director, you and your team will implement elements of combat and character gameplay with a strong focus on the player experience.
- You will develop and maintain the tools and systems necessary for designers to create missions, build complex gameplay mechanics, and balance the game.
NICE TO HAVE:
- At least 7+ years of experience in the production of games for consoles and PC
- At least one shipped AAA project from start to finish as Lead Gameplay Programmer
- Excellent knowledge of Unreal Engine 4
- Excellent skills in C/C++
- Strong math skills
- Strong familiarity with AI, physics, animation, and gameplay code in general
- Ability to diagnose problems and make quick and accurate decisions
- Ability to write efficient and maintainable code
- Experience with profiling and optimizations
- Experience working on consoles such as PS4 and Xbox One
- Experience with commonly used development tools such as Jira and Perforce
- Ability to work well in a fluid, changing environment as creative challenges evolve
- A keen sense of what makes gameplay systems fun
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent communication and team attitude working with game developers from all disciplines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- High work ethic and self-motivated
- Passion for games
- Lead Gameplay Programmer should exhibit passion and curiosity in building complex gameplay systems and leading the entire gameplay programming team.
WHAT THEY OFFER:
- Experience with UE4 engine development
- Experience working on multiplayer games
- 100% company paid Medical, Dental, and Vision plans,
- Company paid holidays and an attractive paid time off policy which includes 4 weeks of vacation
- Relocation Assistance,
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Flexible Savings Account Programs
- Commuter Tax benefits and discounted gym memberships to keep their staff healthy and happy.
- Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Not your time for a move? Recommend a friend and earn 700 EUR! Contact: IMPORTANT: We will never, absolutely never send your CV and/or personal data to any of our clients without your direct consent. Submitting your CV is not equal to giving us consent to share your details with our external partners- we will always contact you upfront and ask for your agreement.
By submitting this form you give your consent for the information provided on this form to be held on computer or other relevant filing systems belonging to 8Bit Studio one and to be shared with other accredited employees in accordance with the GDPR 2018.
By submitting this form you agree that 8Bit Studio, NIP , REGON: processes your personal data contained in the recruitment documents supplied by you, including but not limited to your image, for the purposes of the current recruitment processes. 8Bit Studio confirms that your consent may be withdrawn anytime.
For more insight about game jobs and recruitment for game industry visit our homepage