Do you have a passion and experience in the healthcare of your lawn? Know about the proper fertilizers to keep your lawn healthy and looking beautiful? An eye for the ideal piece of décor for your garden space or the perfect bird seed? Gertens is the perfect place for you!
Gertens Retail Store is looking for an Lawn & Garden Assistant Manager that will support the Department Managers in all operational duties related to the success of Gertens Retail Store.
Main functions will include the maintenance of product and display quality as well as staff adherence to company policies and procedures. Specialized product knowledge of Flowers, Trees and Plants is needed to ensure customers receive the highest level of customer service in regard to their questions and inquires. Being support to other staff members and assisting with scheduling and follow through of department checklists.
• Customer focused, excellent communication and listening skills, ability to learn and execute the concept.
• Ability to work flexible schedules including nights, weekends, and holidays.
• In-depth knowledge of products preferred
• Working knowledge of POS payment systems
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
1. One or more years of retail customer service and previous cash handling experience preferred.
2. Must be at least 18 years of age.
3. High school diploma or GED
• Regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear.
• Occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• Frequently lift and/or move and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, and ability to adjust focus
Gertens participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.