The Project Manager is assigned by the Chief InformationOfficer (CIO) to lead the teams responsible for achieving project objectives.The Project Manager oversees the life cycle of bank projects from infancy topost-implementation that range in scope, budget, and team size, involvingvarious levels of risk and complexity. The Project Manager will plan, budget, oversee, and document allaspects of assigned projects. The Project Manager will report to the CIO and worksclosely with senior management to ensure the scope and direction of eachproject is on schedule.
The role of aProject Manager is distinct from a functional manager or operations manager.Typically the functional manager is focused on providing management oversightfor a functional or a business unit, and operations managers are responsiblefor ensuring that business operations are efficient.
The First GuarantyBank IT Project Management Office (PMO) will adopt industry standards,guidelines, and definitions, which will primarily derive from industrystandards and accepted "best practices" such as the ProjectManagement Institute (PMI) and Scrum Alliance. Note:
Scrum Masters can be project managers,and project managers can be Scrum masters, but they're not the same. A ScrumMaster is a role embedded specifically on a Scrum team, whereas a projectmanager refers to the professional leading virtually any type of project.
As the ScrumMaster, the IT Project Manager will establish Sprint Requirements that alignwith business/bank requirements. The Project Manager works closely with theProject Sponsor to firmly establish the "What" and "Why"for accepting each request. The Scrum or Project Team will later determine the "How."Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- As the manager of the Project Management Office (PMO) and Scrum Master, the IT Project Manager will review and identify requirements submitted by critical stakeholders throughout First Guaranty Bank.
- Address various needs, concerns, and expectations of the stakeholders in planning and executing the project, and will set up, maintain, and carry out communications with active, productive, and collaborative stakeholders.
- Lead stakeholders towards meeting project requirements and creating project deliverables promptly and cost-effectively.
- Primarily balance the competing project constraints such as scope, quality, schedule, budget, resources, and risks.
- Work collaboratively with various business units within the bank to determine project scopes, necessary resources, and technical direction.
- Analyze and manage project execution strategy.
- Liaison between the various business units and external entities (e.g., vendors/suppliers, business associates) involved in each project.
- Operate as the single point of contact for all project communications.
- Track project KPIs (schedule, cost, quality, scope) and provide inputs and/or corrective action to ensure progress is according to plan.
- Prepare regular reports detailing progress, key findings, and/or recommendations to the project owner.
- Adhere to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and other First Guaranty Bank policies.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science/engineering or another related field.
- 10+ years of experience managing mid-to-large-sized projects.
- Experience utilizing project management tools such as Kanban, Microsoft Project, or comparable management tools.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritizing as necessary.
- Ability to adapt to expected and unexpected changes.
- Solid understanding of change management concepts and practices to follow ITIL 4.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management, employees, external customers, and vendors.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication, documentation, and collaborative skills.
- Ability to work nights and/or weekends as needed.
- Ability to travel as needed.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Banking or other financial industry-related experience.
An employeemust meet the physical demands described here to perform the essentialfunctions of this position successfully. Reasonable accommodations may enableindividuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
Whileperforming the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required totalk and hear. The employee must frequently use hands or fingers to handle orfeel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required tostand, walk, sit, or reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop,kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally liftand/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by thisposition include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheralvision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noiselevel in the work environment is usually moderate.
This jobdescription in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to beperformed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will berequired to follow any other job-related instructions and perform any otherjob-related duties requested by anyone authorized to give instructions orassignments.
All duties andresponsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject topossible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills,aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirementsmay exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to thehealth or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in thisdocument are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
FIRST GUARANTY BANK is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled