At Gallagher Bassett Services, Inc. (GB)
we are constantly seeking skilled professionals who are up for a challenge and take exceptional performance to heart. The professionals we hire help us maintain our reputation as one of the most progressive property/casualty third party claims service organizations in our industry and throughout the world. Gallagher Bassett provides services to Fortune 1000 companies throughout 100 offices worldwide. For the past several years GB has ranked among the largest TPA's by Business Insurance Magazine and was also a recipient of the Business Insurance Readers' Choice award for "Best Third Party Claims Administrator." If you're looking for a professional career with an industry leader then you have come to the right place. Wherever your interests lie, we're sure you will agree on one thing: our continued prosperity hinges on our greatest resource --- our people.
As AVP Portfolio Management, your mission will be to align the prioritization of IT portfolios with the strategic needs of the business and the capabilities and capacity of Gallagher Bassett Information Technology (GBIT). You will be responsible for managing communications between internal stakeholders and IT management; ensuring planned projects meet the business needs of their intended end-user populations; communicating the benefits realized by delivered IT projects; managing the development of IT communications to internal business areas; and managing the Portfolio Management team. You must possess exceptional communication skills, think strategically, and be comfortable operating in a highly ambiguous environment. This role offers rich opportunities to develop as a leader, problem solver, and strategic planner. There will be frequent opportunities to interact with and influence senior decision makers.
- Leads IT prioritization cycles
- Participates in the creation and execution of the strategic investment plan
- Identifies Business Unit needs and works with business stakeholders to develop solutions for portfolio planning
- Communicates the status of the Business Unit Portfolios and benefits created by IT programs and projects
- Measures, monitors, and manages business stakeholder satisfaction; develops and manages action plans to improve as applicable
- Develops, coordinates, and markets communications to enhance understanding of the business value and technical capabilities of GBIT systems
- Collaborates across Business Unit Portfolios and the Enterprise PMO to ensure coordinated and consistent program delivery, shares insights, issues, risks, dependencies, and continuous improvement opportunities
- Maintains technical and business roadmaps based on a deep understanding of business and technology priorities
- Responsible for the professional growth and development, training, and performance management of the Portfolio Management team
- Creates and sustains business literacy in the IT organization; maintains clarity about values, meaning, and purpose of IT/business integration
- Maintains a balanced scorecard to illustrate and monitor IT performance through effective KPIs
- Works directly with leadership to translate performance goals into process improvement initiatives
- Delivers timely, zero-defect execution of analysis, with minimal support
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 10 or more years related professional work experience, including a focus on insurance and Information Technology.
- Proven experience leading multiple large initiatives and project plans to a successful conclusion.
- Experience with strategic planning, project management, and portfolio management
- Ability to work cross functionality to achieve performance improvement objectives
- Experience planning and implementing process improvement initiatives
- Strong understanding of the disciplines necessary to run an IT organization like a business
- Project Management and execution of large programs strongly preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with all levels of an Organization
US. Eligibility Requirements:
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered
- Are you 18 years of age or older or can you demonstrate legal capacity to enter a contract?
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization
- Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement, which require, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, age, veteran status, disability, national origin, or any other legally protected status. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.