has an opening for a full-time Information Systems Specialist
that will provide direct technical support to ChildServe
employees, for resolution of their computer and information system issues.
What You'll Do
- Help Desk Services
This team member will work within a Help Desk team, providing technical support in response to internal tickets submitted by ChildServe employees. This team is responsible for proving a high level of "customer service" to those employees, and will be monitoring incoming tickets, responding to requests and scheduling work, as well as communicating status updates and resolutions to our internal users. The team environment is collaborative and positive, ensuring that a person in this position has a pathway for escalation of issues as well as opportunities to learn from other staff.
- Systems Administration
This role provides the first tier of support and administration of core software, such as email (Exchange, O365), SharePoint, Office, as well as some user specific software such as EMR Databases, 3 rd party applications, and vendor websites.
- Workstation Configuration and Maintenance
This role is responsible for setup, installation and maintenance of workstations, including desktops, laptops, iPads, printers, and their accessories. They will perform troubleshooting and repair if necessary, and help maintain an accurate inventory of equipment.
- Network Administration
This team member will also provide basic network administration and user access controls. This includes user management in Active Directory, configuration and troubleshooting of user s network connections, and troubleshooting network access
What You'll Need
- COVID vaccination or an approved exception.
- Minimum of an Associates degree in Computer Science, or related field. Experience may be substituted for formal education, and candidates in the process of completing their degree will be considered.
- Proficiency with Windows 10, and Windows Server
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office products and O365 suite of applications
- General knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, WSUS, and Microsoft Deployment Services
- Basic scripting skills including, but not limited to, PowerShell
- Ability to treat information confidentially.
- Ability to work effectively, accurately and efficiently under stress of time-bound requests.
- Routinely must interpret and follow applicable regulations and policies.
- Desire to provide fast and friendly technical support to non-technical users
- Desire to contribute to the overall mission and vision of ChildServe
- Ability to communicate effectively in (or through) reading, writing and speaking the English language
Schedule and Location
- Understanding of SMTP, POP, IMAP, SSL Certs
- Experience with VMware virtualization and NetApp storage platforms
- Proficient with TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, and MAC filtering
- Knowledge of HIPAA Security Standards
- Knowledge of NIST Security Framework
- Experience with SharePoint sites and collections
- Experience with IOS and MacOS and Apple Enterprise Deployment
- Generally standard business hours, M-F, and 24/7 accountability resulting in the need for flexible schedule as operational needs present.
- This role is based in Johnston, Iowa. Occasional remote work, as appropriate is a possibility, and travel to the other Iowa ChildServe locations will be required as needed. Candidates living near our locations in Coralville or Ames will also be considered.
has earned the title of Top Workplace every year since 2014. Here s why employees love working here:
- Our work matters. We partner with families to help children with special healthcare needs live a great life.
- We re not your average non-profit. We serve 5,200 children each year through over 30 specialty pediatric services in the Ames, Des Moines, and Iowa City areas. Many of our programs are one-of-a-kind.
- Our team members rock. Our teams are filled with people who care about their coworkers, and who believe that collaboration is key to providing exceptional care to children.
- Our learning never stops . As a non-profit dedicated to innovation, we re proud to help many team members gain new certifications, continue their education, take their expertise to the next level, and find new opportunities to advance their career right here at ChildServe.
- We re moving forward together. Experts across multiple disciplines work together to help kids get the best care possible.
Ready to leave work every day knowing you ve made a difference for kids and families? Let s move Forward Together - apply today!
is an Equal Opportunity Employer.