Beitzel Corporation has an excellent opportunity for a motivated part--time or flex-hour HVAC/R Service Coordinator. Bring your skills to a respected and established team providing a broad scope of commercial and industrial HVAC/R service and installation expertise. Enjoy the stability and benefits of a reputable employer peacefully headquartered in the mountains surrounding Deep Creek Lake in Garrett County, Maryland. Start fresh and find a new perspective serving as part of our growing HVAC/R Service Group.
Beitzel Corporation is a commercial/industrial, construction and service company with over 46 years of experience in a broad mix of commercial and industrial markets including the manufacturing, energy, mining, hospitability, municipal, construction, and aggregate industries. Corporate Headquarters is in Grantsville, Maryland with several offices throughout the region. Beitzel Corporation offers a positive, safe work environment, competitive wages, 401(k) with a company match and paid time off.
Beitzel Corporation is now accepting applications for a part-time or flex-hour HVAC/R Service Coordinator
. This position coordinate the field activities of the HVAC/R Group to provide unmatched customer service and Single Source Solutions to our customers. This would include answering the telephone, and speaking with the our customers, scheduling field personnel for all our building services functions including Preventive Maintenance (PM) agreements, reactive service repairs, system replacements & upgrades, Technician training, and vehicle service/repairs. Target hours are for 4-5 hours per day, that are normally scheduled between 8 am and 3 pm, Monday thru Friday. These hours would be flexible as long as start and end times are regular and established in advance and meet the needs of the Group. This position could work remotely for most of the time but space will be needed for in-office work several days a month.
The HVAC/R Service Coordinator
will report to the HVAC/R Group management and work out of the Beitzel Corporate Office located in Grantsville, MD.
- Review and process daily:
- Work Orders
- Requested or required follow-up quotes and estimates.
- PM service progress and parts.
- Standard Inventory parts updates, requests and availability.
- Open Purchase Orders, updates from Shipping and Receiving and part scheduled availability.
- Update data and information to database and other files as required.
- Other assigned duties.
- Create, organize, and schedule computer based Work Orders for preventative maintenance, service repairs, equipment installation and replacements
- Follow, maintain, and update Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for all HVAC/R Group operations
- Participate in dispatching HVAC/R Technicians and Apprentices daily as well as unscheduled, reactive service calls
- Interact productively with all company divisions and Groups including the Purchasing, Administrative and Contract Management Groups
- Assist in the procurement of parts for approved work, inventory, PM agreements and repairs
- Pinpoint, and assist with quoting and executing follow-up repairs, replacement and/or upgrade opportunities
- Maintain the list of needed sales and service follow-ups and coordinate the timely completion and delivery of all Proposals and quotes to our customers
- Participate in the preparation of estimated costs for repairs, upgrades and replacements when requested by the customer
- Review all field generated information and identify and coordinate any additional action items
- Provide input, research and assistance in the processing of invoices with the Administrative Group
- Assist with the administration of the on-call rotation for nights & weekends
Additional Skills Desired
- Fully capable of providing unmatched customer service.
- Must be highly motivated and able to perform the Job Duties.
- Professional, ambitious, outgoing and drug-free.
- Must work well in a critical services environment.
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills and a keen attention to detail.
- Must be able to analyze the daily tasks and take steps to avoid creating high pressure situations.
- Accounting background with specific experience and understanding of Profit/Loss elements and service business benchmarks.
- Intermediate to expert level skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Sharepoint, and back office service operations.
- Prior experience with a service contractor and working with Enterprise Resource Planning software is desired.
- Capable of working in a large company with diverse capabilities.
- Comfortable discussing service needs with the customer.
- Should have experience specific to the Commercial or Industrial HVAC industry (other trade experience will be considered).
- Field experience in service & repairs of HVAC equipment.
- Basic working knowledge of electrical wiring/circuits, plumbing & building automation systems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to:Sit, talk, listen, observe, read, write and typeMust be willing and able to work a flexible scheduleMust be customer-focused and professional without exceptionFlexible and motivated to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment Additional Eligibility QualificationsMust possess a valid and appropriate state drivers license prior to employmentThis position requires the completion of a thorough pre-employment background check including employment and education verification, SSN eVerify, employment references, and pre-employment drug screening. In accordance with our Company Substance Abuse Policy, employees are required to participate in random, post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing. AAP/EEO Statement
Beitzel Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide opportunities without regard to any protected classes under applicable law. ADA Statement
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Other Duties
This job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.