Fifty years ago,the owner and his family started a plumbing business with the vision to provide quality service while helping others learn about the trade. Today, the same owner and his family continues to lead the industry in commercial HVAC and Plumbing by providing a clean, quality service for the communities we help build. With the passion to teach others the trade and great people on our team, we continue to lead the industry and experience continuous growth. If you have a passion to provide quality service and have the desire to continue to learn and advance in the trade, we have growth and leadership opportunities for you.
Grow Your Career with UMC, Inc.
HVAC Superintendent Benefits
- TOP MARKET PAY
- Excellent Stability and Growth Opportunities
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life Insurance for you and your family
- Paid Time Off From Date of Hire
- Paid Holidays
- 401K w/ 6% Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Company Vehicle
- Family/Friend Referral Program
- Excellent Company Culture
HVAC Superintendent Pay Range (Hourly): Up to $41.00 / hour
Actual pay depends on education, experience, and performance.
This position organizes and supervises project teams that include team leads, journeymen, apprentices, contractors, and laborers throughout the project cycle. The successful HVAC Site Superintendent is highly skilled in working with teams to provide the highest levels of safety, pre-planning, productivity, quality, and efficiency in the competitive construction market, while incorporating UMC's Vision, Mission, and Core Values.
HVAC Superintendent Responsibilities and Duties (Essential Job Functions)
- Ensures the project progresses on schedule, with the highest priorities on safety, quality, and productivity.
- Works with the Project Manager to generate and submit request for Information, or RFIs during pre-planning and as needed throughout the project cycle.
- Works with Purchasing and the Project Manager to ensure materials are staged as needed and meets contractual requirements.
- Appropriately sets goals and expectations for their crews and documents their progress.
- Teaches others the trade with patience while providing just in time feedback on Safety, Quality and Productivity. Comfortable holding team accountable to UMC, Inc. standards; documenting when necessary.
- Mentors crew members to achieve safety, quality, and productivity goals; sets the example for the Team.
- Monitors all crew members multiple times each day to ensure best practices.
- Treats all employees and others with respect and dignity and incorporates UMC's Vision, Mission, and Core Values always; leads by example.
- Approves all time worked daily.
- Sets aside time daily for required Job Safety Assessments and other project documentation.
- Attends all required meetings and creates a realistic work plan and schedule (pre-plan) at least weekly.
- Performs and supports other duties or tasks that may be assigned by the Project Manager.
- Travel as needed or required.
HVAC Superintendent Qualifications
- Must have EPA and RMGA certifications.
- Must be a Journeyman or have at least six years of progressive HVAC experience.
- At least 2 years of Foreman/Lead/Supervisor experience required. Multi-Family experience helpful.
- Must support UMC's Vision, Mission, and Core Value statements.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of integrity and maintain the confidentiality of personnel and
- business information.
- Possess good organizational, interpersonal, and initiative skills.
- Possess professional oral and written communication skills.
- Possess analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Has the ability to read and interpret operating manuals, plans, and applicable building codes.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products and possess the aptitude to learn and use additional computer software as needed, i.e., Field View, Bluebeam.
- Must be able to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk; hear; sit; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl; climb or balance; stand; walk; lift or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 100 pounds; work overhead and in cramped quarters. Good vision required.
- Must be 21 years or older, have a valid driver's license, able to drive on adverse road conditions, be able to pass a commercial motor vehicle physical, background, physical and drug screening, and be authorized to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Work Environment/AAP/EEO Statements
While performing this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, and vibration. Occasionally exposure to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites occurs. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. The performance of work happens in outside weather conditions. Mitigate these hazards or stop work until conditions improve when applicable. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without accommodation. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Colorado Compliance: UMC, Inc. will not retaliate against any employee making a complaint or inquiring about the Company's practices regarding Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. If you are subjected to any conduct that you believe violates this policy, you must promptly speak to, write, or otherwise contact your direct supervisor or, if the conduct involves your direct supervisor, the project manager, or human resources.