At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense Systems is currently looking for two Human Engineering First Line Managers
to join their team in Saint Louis, MO and Huntsville, AL
. These positions will focus on supporting all Product Families within the Boeing Defense Systems (BDS) business organization .
A successful candidate will understand the importance of collaboration as these positions will focus on working directly with the Sr. Talent Acquisition Leader to implement candidate-centric recruitment strategies helping to enable the BCA business to meet their organizational goals. Position Responsibilities :
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Manages, develops, and motivates a team of engineers to deliver Human Engineering (Human Factors, Ergonomics, and Human Computer Interaction) solutions in the design, development, production and implementation of Boeing processes and products.
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships and relationships with internal and external customers, stakeholders, peers, and direct reports to enable the growth and strengthening of Human Engineering.
- Exercises critical thinking and innovative problem solving in relation to strengthening Human Engineering and contributes to the Human Engineering growth strategy and capability roadmaps.
- Leads projects or initiatives at the direction of the engineering organization to implement process / product improvements related to Human Engineering.
- Aligns Human Engineering Team resources to meet multiple program/project demands.
- Acts as the initial point of escalation for issues or challenges encountered by the team members. Capable of effectively triaging and de-escalating issues with impacted parties.
- Analyzes hiring results, metrics and trends to influence team strategy and performance.
- Manages a group of roughly 15-20 direct reports
An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required. Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 5+ years of experience in Human Engineering working as part of an integrated product team throughout the product lifecycle which comprises of requirements engineering, detailed design, testing and qualification.
- 3+ years of people management experience wherein the candidate is responsible for performance management and career development of the reporting employees.
- Strong communication, collaboration, and negotiation skills are required to succeed in this position as well as presentation and facilitation skills to work with cross-functional groups in establishing and achieving common goals
Typical Education & Experience:
- Human Engineering experience in the aerospace domain.
- Thorough knowledge of Human Engineering standards for design, testing & certification (such as MIL-STL-1472, MIL-STD-1474, MIL-STD-1787, MIL-STD-3009, MIL-STD 411F, and JSSG-2010).
- Knowledge and understanding of technologies, policies and procedures related to Human Engineering of aerospace and defense related products.
- Past experience and demonstrated ability to manage Human Engineering in relation to aerospace product design and development, testing and planning and coordination, and relevant work-statements.
- Ability to define HFE processes for use by Human Engineering teams.
- Ability to derive Human Factors/Human Engineering requirements.
- Must have ability to accomplish results through effective collaboration working with all stakeholders including colleagues throughout the Boeing enterprise.
- Demonstrated engineering leadership experience in major organizations.
- Ability to work well with virtual teams across multiple time-zones.
- Familiarity with MS Office tools.
- Candidate must be a self-starter with a positive attitude and a track record of working successfully under pressure.
Bachelor, Master, or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in Industrial Engineering, Psychology, or Human Factors Engineering. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard. Relocation:
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.Referral Bonus:
Referral to this job is eligible for bonus.Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.Additional Information: All information provided will be checked and may be verified. Please apply as soon as possible for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.