At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, were one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Job Description
U.S. Bank is seeking a Senior Application Developer with design and development experience to contribute toward the success of our technology initiatives. In this role you will be part of the team established to configure and develop complex application systems using existing and emerging technology platforms, and consult with business users on requirements gathering, system design, configuration, and implementation. You'll be working closely with the Delivery Manager, IT development, and Architecture groups while collaborating with several lines of business. As a Senior Application Developer, you will:
Candidates should possess substantial knowledge of the Hogan application,
i.e., Hogan Deposits (CIS, CAMS & DDA)
. Experience should also include extensive knowledge of Hogan's process dictionary components, and PCD's and reflect heavy involvement in conversions, development, or implementation of new releases of the Hogan systems. Programmer/Analysts must have experience in CICS/VTAM and/or IMS/DB2, COBOL II, Easytrieve, JCL, MVS operating system,
Expeditor, Endeavor and/or Change man source managers.
Experience should also include extensive knowledge of Hogan's process, including the discovery, analysis and documentation of business requirements, process flows, use cases, test and training plans. Works closely with product, project management, and other technology teams. This is a team-based position that requires superior communication skills (verbal and written) are required. Knowledge of agile processes and the use of VersionOne/Jira would be helpful.
- Design, code, test, debug, document, maintain, and modify computer programs of high complexity, significance, and risk
- Participate in application architecture functions including estimating and defining timetables, cost and project tasks
- Recommend solutions to improve business with a focus on core architecture, technology strategies and standards
- Guide others through change impact analysis
- Establish, refine and integrate development and test environment tools and software as needed
- Review, analyze, refine and integrate development and test environment tools and software as needed
- Create and recommend improvements to unit, test plans and testing process based on assessment of organizational needs
- Collaborate closely with teams in all stages of software development lifecycle including design, development and testing of the system
- Design basic and detailed program specifications while ensuring that expected application performance levels are achieved by managing interfaces, service levels, standards, and configurations
- Guide technical staff and business partners to investigate, review, and solve complex, multidisciplinary business problems
- Demonstrate solid understanding of the business needs driving the projects
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- At least seven years of experience with developing and implementing applications
- Working experience in: Product and vendor evaluation & Information management
- Extensive experience in: Modeling: data, process, events, objects, IT standards, procedures, policy, Change control, Application maintenance, Application design, architecture, Application development tools, Release management, System development life cycle, Application testing, System testing
- Subject matter expert in: Programming, Implementation
If theres anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants () . Benefits:
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting . EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the companys status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law () poster. E-Verify
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program () .
Salary range reflected is an estimate of base pay and is for the primary location. Base pay range may vary if an offer is made for work in a different location. Pay Range: $95,540.00 - $112,400.00 - $123,640.00
Due to legal requirements, U.S. Bank requires that the successful candidate hired for some positions be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19, absent being granted an accommodation due to a medical condition, pregnancy, or sincerely held religious belief or other legally required exemption. For these positions, as part of the conditional offer of employment, the successful candidate will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or approval for an accommodation or exemption upon hire.
U.S. Bank will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.