DirectViz Solutions a high-level, strategic consulting services firm that meets mission needs for commercial and government clients. We are looking to hire a full-time Service Desk Technician. The work location will be the White Sands Missile Range in New Mexico. This position requires an active Secret clearance.
Serve as a User Support Technician, performing Help Desk/Desktop related work for a 2000+ and growing enterprise. The candidate will:
- Answer, evaluate, and prioritize incoming telephone, voice mail, email and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other information system-related technologies.
- Utilize ticketing system to document symptoms and status information as well as assign an applicable priority.
- Log in customer contacts and events.
- Maintain history records and related problem documentation.
- Provide Level 1 and Level 2 Help Desk/Desktop and basic troubleshooting support for desktop issues, application software and/or hardware, user account security, communications, system policy guidance, tablets, laptops, software, printers, document scanners, handheld devices, network service outages/disruptions and enterprise server outages/disruptions.
- Provide first-level technical support using documented procedures and available tools in order to achieve first contact resolution.
- Utilize remote user administration to assist customers and provide troubleshooting support.
- Advise and educate customers, within procedural guidelines, to ensure a complete solution to their technical or service questions.
- Perform appropriate diagnostics to initiate problem management.
- Escalate problems when unable to make proper determination.
- Identify and provide input on unique or recurring customer problems.
- Work with team members to identify issue trends and suggest long-term strategies to help mitigate incoming issues.
- Consult with programmers to explain software errors or to recommend changes to programs.
- Call software and hardware vendors to request service regarding defective products.
- Install or assist service personnel in installation of hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers, and disk drives on user's premises.
- Perform approved software installations.
- Perform hardware setups, moves and pickups.
- Perform workstation updates and patching to ensure compliance standards are met.
- Follow up cases and requests to completion.
Required Skills and Experience / Education, Certifications and Clearance
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Information Systems or Computer Science preferred.
- 1-2 years' experience in administering Windows desktops and operating systems.
- Relevant and equivalent experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
- Security+ required.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) foundation certificate preferred.
- Experience in an end user based environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook experience required.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office 2013, COTS software/hardware, and
- Working knowledge of SharePoint preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to diagnose the cause of problems in a complex environment and to provide
effective solutions quickly.
- Self-motivated and ability to work on own initiative in a high-pressure environment.
- Must possess SECRET clearance for access to classified areas. Applicant will be subject to a government security investigation and must maintain program security clearance eligibility requirements.
DirectViz Solutions, LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, creed, religion,
gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identification or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.