Stanley Engineered Fastening
, a Stanley Black & Decker Company, is a global leader in the development, manufacture, and sale of an extended line of metal and plastic fasteners and engineered fastening systems for commercial applications. We focus on total engineering solutions for end users' fastening requirements in the automotive, transportation, electronics, aerospace, machine tool, construction, and appliance industries. This Position is at the Ferry Cap and Set Screw Company located in Lakewood, OH. Ferry Cap and Set Screw has been providing its customers with the highest quality specialty fasteners for over 100 years. Job Description: Each Heat Treat Set-up Operator will be responsible for the day to day set up and operations of both the batch and belt heat treat lines. $2,000 sign on bonus.
- Follow work instructions/ documented work practices specific for each activity or job
- At the start of the shift, perform any preventive maintenance task as specified in the equipment log book.
- Perform heat treat set up following the specific recipe for the part. This includes but is not limited to temperature, atmosphere, belt speed, feed, racking, etc.
- Keep furnace running within the parameters of the recipe and conduct checks.
- Perform all checks while running product - Hardness & surface and others as needed (decarb, etc.)
- Scrap must be identified with tags
- If anything needs repaired, reworked, or replaced notify supervisor.
- Make sure the bin/ pan setup for use in production is clean of dirt/ debris or parts.
- Promote continuous improvement activities by sharing ideas with other employees and management.
- Maintain a safe work environment by following established EPA/ OSHA regulations and mopping oil deposits on floor as necessary.
- Maintain proper work environment by maintaining plant cleanliness and organized work areas utilizing 5S practices.
- Other duties as required
- Minimum of two years in manufacturing environment setting up heat treat equipment.
- Experience with machine set-up on the same machine or machine type as will be responsible for after hire
- Ability to read/complete blueprints
- Ability to provide examples of previous complex troubleshooting
- Strong communication skills and strong mechanical background with troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work overtime to include weekends
Rate: 22.27 to 24.62 /hr plus shift