Job Title: Group Finance Manager
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000
Hours: Permanent, Full Time
Working Model: Office based 2-3 days per week, with occasional travel to other offices
About Eversheds Sutherland
Eversheds Sutherland represents the combination of two firms with a shared culture, values and commitment to client service excellence. We are each known for our commercial awareness and industry knowledge and for providing innovative and tailored solutions for every client.
As a full service law practice, we act for the public and private sector across the UK, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia and the US providing legal advice to clients across the Company Commercial, Employment, Labour & Pensions, Litigation and Dispute Management, and Real Estate practices.
With 74 offices across 35 countries worldwide, we have become one of the largest law practices in the world and a great place to work and develop your career.
Reporting to the Group Finance Senior Manager, part of a team of 8, and working closely with all areas of finance and team in the international offices. The Group Finance team are responsible for Global Financial Control including group reporting, month and year end results, ensuring integrity of all balance sheets and leading the preparation and audit of the Group accounts and all UK and International subsidiaries.
This role will specifically take responsibility for embedding policies and control internationally and the control oversight for the Eversheds Sutherlands International Group. This role will require strong liaison with the members of the central and wider finance team responsible for financial control.
Skills & Competencies required
- Professionally qualified accountant with a broad range of experience
- Strong technical knowledge of IAS/FRS102 and IFRS demonstrated by excellent Financial Control experience
- LLP and international experience preferred but not essential
- Must be able to work effectively, build strong relationships and be able to influence and work across complex entities, systems and countries
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
We are seeking the following key attributes:
- Commercial awareness in both approach and delivery
- Strong diplomacy, influencing and persuasion skills
- Confident and credible in dealing with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with high attention to detail.
- Pragmatic, robust and resourceful, with the ability to adapt quickly to different situations and personalities.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage conflicting timescales and multiple projects.
- Organised and efficient with a 'right first time' approach to quality of work.
- Understanding of international commercial operations to guide the local operating model for existing and new offices/entities
- Coordinating the month end timetable, liaising with all relevant teams, to ensure robust financial reconciliation processes are in place and risks and opportunities are being appropriately identified across the Group
- Ensuring quality reconciliations are being prepared with appropriate supporting papers and providing best practice guidance where needed
- Understanding the annual audit and filing processes for all international entities/offices and working with local finance teams and the Group Financial Control team to ensure deadlines are met
- Ensure integrity of transactions and to ensure all transactions are understood and owned in the local finance teams such that local records are accurate through liaison with overseas offices as required
- Working alongside the Tax team to ensure partner accounting records (capital, tax and current accounts) are maintained to the highest standards at a local level
- Reconciliation of reserves by legal entity ensuring all statutory adjustments accounted for correctly locally and at a Group level
- First point of contact for the queries from the overseas offices
How to Apply
If you would like to discuss the role in more detail before applying, please call or email me