SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Hourly Wage Estimate: $32.00 - $48.00/hour
Learn more about the benefits offered for this job.
The estimate displayed represents the typical wage range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range.
$10,000 Sign On Bonus Availble!
INTENSIVE CARE UNITS AVAILABLE:
MEDICAL SURGICAL UNITS AVAILABLE:
- Medical Telemetry
- General Surgery
- Medical Oncology
- Ortho Spine
- Surigcal Oncology
- Surigcal Reconsreuction
- Surgical Robotics
- Neuro Trauma
- Multi Trauma
Your future in Nursing is here and now! Swedish Medical Center and HCA want to invest in you!
Program Start Dates: October 31st as well as November 14th 2022.
We invite nurses to apply now for Swedish Medical Center's StaRN Program for New Graduate Nurses. This paid program will allow new graduates and or experienced nurses to obtain specific training in the Medical Surgical and Intensive Care Unit settings through an intensive 10-12 week training program.
- Accepting applications - Apply Now!
- Interviews taking place through July
- Ideal for September 2022 graduates or earlier
- Paid, 10-12 week training program.
- You will complete 5-6 weeks didactic training including clinical orientation, relevant certification courses, high-fidelity simulation, Meditech EMR training, and a variety of e-learning. Your schedule will be Monday-Friday 40 hours per week during this time
- You will complete 5-6 weeks clinical training on the unit with a dedicated preceptor. Your schedule 32 hours per week, working on your preceptor's schedule
- Eligible for Swedish Medical Center hire upon program completion, followed by two (2) year commitment of full time employment
- Gain experience within Swedish Medical Center and HCA
- Cultivate meaningful relationships and enjoy targeted learning opportunities with skilled nurses, preceptors, and mentors in our ICU and Medical Surgical floors.
What's required for the position?
- Current BSN RN degree prior to residency start (or Associates degree) from an accredited program
- Current BLS from the American Heart Association prior to residency start
- Passing NCLEX results or active compact or State of Colorado RN license prior to residency start
- Flexibility to commit to a full time RN position with Swedish Medical Center for a (2) year commitment period.
- You must be flexible to work either day or night shift as the unit-specific needs vary
- All HealthONE (HCA) colleagues, providers, students, residents, and contractors are required to adhere to the state mandate regarding the COVID-19 vaccine by October 31, 2021. To comply you must be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious/health exemption in order to begin employment.
Here is what we can offer you:
At HealthONE we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match - 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Interested in a career at Swedish Medical Center ? Email Rebecca! (see below)
Swedish Medical Center, part of HCA's HealthONE, is located in the south metro Denver area where it has been a proud member of the community for more than 110 years. An acute care hospital with 408 licensed beds, annually Swedish cares for more than 200,000 patients with a team of approximately 2,000 dedicated employees, 300 volunteers and 1,400 physicians.
Swedish Medical Center offers patients the highest quality care and the most advanced technologies and treatments in nearly every medical specialty including adult and pediatric emergency, heart care, neurology/neurosurgery, pregnancy and childbirth, orthopedics and joint replacement, cancer care, gastroenterology and liver care, gynecology and urology. Additional information about the hospital is available at www.SwedishHospital.com.
HealthONE® is the largest healthcare system in the metro Denver area with more than 10,000 employees. As part of the HealthONE family our facilities work together to provide a higher level of care.
Our family of services includes six hospital free-standing emergency departments and numerous ambulatory surgery centers, occupational medicine clinics, physician practices, imaging centers, and AIRLIFE-DENVER, which provides critical care air and ground transportation across a 10-state region. The following hospitals participate in our StaRN Residency.
- The Medical Center of Aurora: Magnet® designated hospital, Level II Trauma Center, 346 licensed beds
- The Medical Center of Aurora North Campus - Behavioral Health
- North Suburban Medical Center: Level II Trauma Center, 157 licensed beds
- Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center: Level IV Trauma Center, 687 licensed beds
- Rose Medical Center: Magnet® designated hospital, Level IV Trauma, 422 licensed beds
- Sky Ridge Medical Center, Level II Trauma, 274 licensed beds
- Swedish Medical Center, Level I Trauma, 408 licensed beds
- Spalding Rehabilitation Hospital 78 licensed beds
Click here to learn more about HCA Continental Division and HealthONE
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications for our StaRN Nurse Residency. Completed applications are reviewed in the order they are received. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
Please complete the following for fully finished application:
- Fill out application online - include your job history (required)
- Attach your resume (required)
- Complete the HealthcareSource Assessment survey (required). Link sent via email after application is submitted
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please contact the residency recruiter at (see below) with any questions.