About Foray Coffee
Foray Coffee is bringing joy to busy people by offering amazing coffee and food with no waiting. Foray customers love knowing that their order will be ready when they arrive to pick it up, which solves the usual worries and uncertainties that the traditional model for on-the-go coffee and food creates for them as busy people.
Foray is the worlds first specialty coffee company to take 100% of orders and payments through its mobile app and use customer location data to have each customers order ready just in time for their arrival and eliminate waiting. This unique model gives Foray a huge roadmap for learning and improvement, while providing an advantaged business model.
After a year of successfully proving Forays model, we are hiring key team members in software, marketing, and growth roles. We are also building additional local sites to prepare for regional expansion with the ultimate goal of scaling nationally. To date, Foray has partnered with an outside software development firm. This will be Forays first in-house software role. What you will do:
You will be the leader that builds and manages Foray's technology and tech team. You will be a critical member of the team that will lead Foray into and through a period of rapid learning, development and expansion. You will act as architect, strategist, developer, and whatever else may be required to get the job done within your capabilities. You will add software as a core in-house Foray competency. You will work closely with and report to the CEO. This should sound like you:
Youre looking for a big challenge. You have the ability and experience required to build a great product and recruit a great team. Youre inspired to build the tech stack that will empower Forays vision. Youre good in the clouds and in the weeds. You get more done than those around you. You thrive in the ambiguity and activity of a startup environment. You are a technologist but have a proven track record of delivering great web and mobile products that customers love. This job will be a fit for you if you have:
More About Foray Coffee
- At least 6 years of both web and mobile software engineering experience, including systems design, implementation, and DevOps
- An understanding that engineering priorities must be tied to strategic priorities for the company
- Skill with developing highly intuitive customer experiences
- Exceptional planning and execution skills
- Strong communication skills
- (Optional) Interest in relocating to the sunny city of Wenatchee in central Washington State, where Foray was founded
- Were located in the beautiful Wenatchee Valley on the Columbia river in Central Washington State, where we enjoy a great quality of life with four seasons of outdoor activities and especially great community for families.
- The job can be remote or involve relocation. Relocation seems advantageous in the long-term.
- Forays current investors plan to fund the next couple rounds of investment in growth of the team and additional sites, then partner with VC for multi-region expansion.
- Equity compensation
- HSA + medical, dental, vision
- Self-directed, flexible schedule
- A great town to relocate to (if desired) full of lifestyle and outdoor amenities and lower cost of living