NoteHiring is the single most important responsibility we have as a business.
It's an important decision for us and for you, and we ask that you show up authentically and be yourself. We promise to do the same.Introduction
Dry Farm Wines is the world's premier Natural Wine company. We curate the highest quality Natural Wines from small family growers around the world. Every wine meets a set of strict criteria, including organic farming practices, lower alcohol levels, no sugar, and delicious taste. Our mission is to share these extraordinary Natural Wines with people around the world, helping people connect with authenticity and love.
We work exclusively with small family farms who share our respect for Nature's beauty, complexity, and diversity. At the heart of it all, we believe we must be the change we want to see in the world. We intentionally seek to become more conscious and extraordinary every day, both as individuals and as a collective Dry Farm Wines Team.Benefits of working with DFW
The benefits of joining this team are vast. Here are a few:
Roles and Responsibilities
- Unlimited pure Natural Wine. Need we say more?
- Fully paid health, dental, and vision.
- Generous 401k, Profit Sharing, and Defined Benefit plans.
- Company vacation days around major holidays, and a generous vacation and expense policy that just asks you to act in the best interest of yourself, your colleagues, and the organization.
- Paid gym membership or monthly home fitness stipend.
- Huge opportunities to expand your responsibilities and position as the company continues to grow.
- Opportunities to meditate and practice gratitude regularly as a Team.
- Most importantly, the opportunity to connect with the DFW Team on a regular basis. We are a lot of fun, and get together often to celebrate, reflect, and progress.
- Every single person you will work with is an elite performer and has a deep dedication to being the best in their craft. We push the boundaries of possibility daily in helping each other grow and in our service to others.
This role is at the crossroads of everything we do at Dry Farm Wines. What you do has a profound impact on the business. Unlike in most Developer positions, you will have a real seat at the table and be expected to help drive the business forward. Here is a small list of some of the things that will be on your desk:
- Web Development
- Update website pages for Shopify, Recharge, Wordpress, Webflow, and any other platforms we may use in the future.
- Build custom landing pages for our top affiliate partners.
- Build high-quality, responsive layouts and with smooth interactions, transitions and animations, working closely with our Creative Team.
- Debug website bugs, implement fixes, and communicate updates to the team.
- Run and monitor website conversion a/b tests.
- Technology Solutions
- Help manage our technology integrations - ecommerce, shipping, affiliates, etc.
- Help troubleshoot issues that arise among all our technology platforms, including services like Zendesk.
Requirements to Apply
- Report on our website conversion and behavior analytics.
- Support others on the team by building basic analytics dashboards, and analyzing data spreadsheets.
Our CultureAt Dry Farm Wines, we call ourselves an Elite Team with Family Values.
- At least 5 years of professional web development experience.
- At least 1 year experience working with Shopify.
- Fluency with version control and dev/staging environments.
- Fluency in interpreting and working with third-party APIs.
- Experience with cross-browser and device testing websites.
- Awareness of web performance best-practice, developing for accessibility and SEO.
- You get bonus points if you have frontend design experience.
We are building an incredible business based on this philosophy. We have a focus on performance, growth, and innovation, while also practicing empathy, love, and passion.
We believe in the power of optimal health, good taste, artisan farmers, and a strong community. We meditate together, share health advice, indulge in artistic creation, travel to source wines, host large dinners, and share our love of pure Natural Wines.
For us, this is all part of building a great business and a great lifestyle.Our Core ValuesIntegrity
- We always act with integrity and try to do the right thing, even when no one is watching.
- We hold ourselves accountable to what's best for the Soil, our Growers, our Partners, our Members, their Experience, and DFW.
- We're committed to our health-quantified criteria in sourcing pure Natural Wine
- We ensure alignment between our personal, team, and company priorities through clear expectations.
- We accelerate through accountability.
Growth through Learning
- We take initiative and lead with self-directed responsibility.
- We focus on the most impactful priorities with the "80/20" principle.
Celebrating the Journey
- We focus on actively learning through successes and challenges in order to create future successes.
- We are constantly experimenting with innovative approaches to find what works best.
- We approach our work with an open mind and an agile approach.
- We celebrate our team, our talents, our community of growers, and our positive environmental impact.
- We celebrate our successes and lift each other up.
- We have fun. We enjoy sharing wine together.
To help us both determine if we're the right fit for each other, we created this list of questions, which we will ask you to complete in the next section of this application. Your application will not be considered without this questionnaire.What excites you about taking on the Frontend Web Developer role at Dry Farm Wines? Why are you applying for this role now? If you're hired, what are 2 things you are good at that you can apply in your first three months without very much help or a large budget and would make Dry Farm Wines better? If you built a system for managing our wine inventory, what would your database schema look like? What systems, technologies, and apps are you comfortable using in your day to day life to get stuff done? What technology stack are you comfortable with? What is your proficiency level in Shopify? What are a few websites you've worked on in the past? Share a few details for each about specific features or integrations you've managed and built. If we wanted to create a content-based website called A Matter of Taste, with articles about natural wine, healthy eating, and conscious living, what platforms, technologies, and infrastructure would you use to build and host the website? Admitting failure is tough, but failure is a significant learning experience for us. What is a significant failure you have experienced recently and what did you learn? What is one professional and one personal goal you hold for the next 1-3 years? Describe a change you've seen in yourself over the last 5 years that you love. As a company that believes in "better for you, better for the planet" products, we're passionate about health and wellness. How would you describe your relationship with health & wellness? What makes you unique or weird? What is a personal hobby you cherish? What's your experience with wine (if any)? Anything else you'd like to touch on that we didn't ask? The floor is yours... Next Steps
Now that you've submitted the questionnaire and resume, here's what to expect: Application Review. We'll review your questionnaire and resume and follow up with you within a week. Meet & Greet Call. Next, we'll begin with scheduling a 15 minute video interview. Group Call. We'll then schedule a 25 minute video interview with more people from the team. It's a chance for us to get to know you better, and for you to better know us and our business. Project Review. We will assign you a specific project that will help us understand your work product. It will be a project within your area of hire. Then we will schedule a 45 minute video interview to review the project. Napa Visit (or Virtual Visit). If we're all still a good fit for each other, next we'll bring you to Napa for an in-person working interview/socials (or a virtual visit). This is typically a two day interview. You'll connect with a group of us for an open and wide-ranging conversation, experience our work environment, work on a project and present it to the Team, and get to know us better. All expenses are hosted by us. Together, we will determine next steps.
We deeply appreciate you investing the time to learn about us and share your thoughts and life with us.
With much love and gratitude,The Dry Farm Wines Community