Start a rewarding career with a great team!
Click here to complete our interest form and be contacted by our Spring Arbor Senior Living hiring team TODAY!
Do you love to cook? We have just the role for you. Spring Arbor Senior Living is seeking a Cook in Kinston, NC! We are looking for a self-starter to support the Food Service team and provide an exceptional dining experience for our residents.
Along with offering the best dining experience while making delicious, desirable, and healthy foods for our residents, the Cook is responsible for ensuring quality standards in all food preparation protocol, required by Spring Arbor policies and state licensure and health regulations. Another great perk is building rapport with staff while maintaining a positive and social environment for our residents.We are looking for:
Proper storage of food Skills and Knowledge:
- Enthusiastic team members to assist with food preparation in a timely manner using your creative cooking and presentation skills.
- Carefully adhere to handling foods during preparation and cooking activities to make sure sanitation practices are followed.
- Ability to be an effective communicator that can document concerns, suggestions, or menu changes to both staff and residents.
- Team player that can assist with serving food during mealtimes as well as clearing tables.
- Proper cleaning, in a timely manner, ensuring all utensils and dishes are ready for the next meal service as well as ensuring resident safety by cleaning areas and floors.
- Adherence to infection control, foodborne illness prevention, harmful chemical handling sanitation, and fire and safety procedures.
- Preparation of delectable food that is appealing in appearance and presentation
- Knowledgeable in understanding of safety and disinfection requirements
- Outgoing, well-groomed individual, with pleasant, friendly, and helpful demeanor that loves to learn new tasks, and can accurately follow verbal and written instructions as well as proper dress requirements team members should have:
- High School degree or equivalent preferred, must be 16 years or older.
- In NC, must be 18 years or older if operating power-driven machines such as a meat slicer, mixer, etc.
- 3 years experience in a healthcare, hospitality, or service environment preferred
- Culinary arts experience preferred
- CPR, First-Aid, Serv-Safe certifications preferred
- Ability to work in an environment conducive to caring for residents without posing a substantial safety or health threat to self or others
- Ability to work well with others and promote a team environment
- Ability to work in an environment conducive to caring for seniors without posing a substantial safety or health threat to self or others.
- In order to work at Spring Arbor, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If there is a medical or religious reason preventing you from receiving an available COVID-19 vaccination, and you are selected as a candidate for consideration, we have an accommodations process in place to evaluate those requests.
Just as a family makes a house a home, our family of dedicated professionals makes Spring Arbor a place where our residents feel loved, like an extension of the family. Spring Arbor has continued to build on its successes, owning and operating 24 senior living communities throughout Virginia, North Carolina and Maryland. From Residential Assisted Living to Memory Care, our team nurtures each resident's independence by promoting dignity and choice in a setting of compassionate care.Join our team and work with us here. You ll love it!
As a progressive organization meeting the needs of a diverse workforce, in addition to the standard competitive benefits package we also offer 10 paid holidays as well as a paid birthday off, adoption benefits, excellent health care benefits, and education assistance-to name just a few. To learn more about this exciting opportunity to join a great organization, visit discover for yourself why we believe,it s how you live that matters.
HHHunt is an equal opportunity employer.