UPM Raflatac is looking for Process Engineer who will be responsible for process evaluation and improvements in the finishing department, including slitting, rewinding, packing, and material handling processes. Responsible for ensuring the day-to-day effectiveness of the finishing processes while improving safety, quality, level of service, waste reduction, and productivity.
Greetings from your future manager:
This is an excellent opportunity to build your career as a Process Engineer in the mountains of Western North Carolina. This role provides a positive work environment with tremendous growth potential and collaboration with many departments across the organization. If you are a driven individual with strong problem-solving skills, we invite you to apply, and join our support team in the Finishing department. We can t wait to hear from you!" - Corbin Overstreet, Finishing Manager
What you will do:
- Promote an interdependent safety culture with behaviors consistent with our Safety Principles, helping create and assure a safety conscious work environment.
- Evaluate run-ability of materials, make or recommend process changes to improve overall outcomes.
- Develop processes and coordinate maintenance of the finishing and material handling machinery in cooperation with the maintenance team and Finishing Manager.
- Maintain a high level of responsiveness and communication with all finishing personnel regarding process improvements and action items.
- Assist in establishing long-term strategies for production reliability and achieving the production targets, assuring quality, delivery, production, inventory, and cost standards are met.
- Evaluate, communicate, and respond to customer claims and plan corrective actions in order to prevent the problem from recurring.
- Assist in training and coaching employees on procedures and machine run-ability.
- Help drive continuous improvement initiatives including assisting in the departmental 5S program, supporting employee idea generation, developing leader standard work, and leading Lean Six Sigma and investment projects.
Who you are:
- You have any combination of education and experience equivalent to BS in Engineering and exposure to a manufacturing environment, preferably in a paper converting / web handling / finishing environment.
- You must serve as an effective team member and possess excellent communication skills, with the ability to relate well with a diverse constituency.
- You must bring enthusiasm every day and commit to self-development.
- You must have demonstrated analytical/logical problem-solving ability, an understanding of continuous improvement and Lean Six Sigma principles, and demonstrated inventiveness and initiative.
- You must have a good understanding of mechanical requirements of relevant machinery (preferably newer, high-technology systems).
- Experience with statistical analysis software and automated production management systems preferred.
This is what we offer for you
Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
Inspired and motivated teams: We have highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organization that works as a team to achieve our shared goals.
Development opportunities: With us, you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
Comprehensive benefit package: UPM s benefit package includes medical, dental and vision insurance, paid time off and a 401(k) retirement plan.
Location: Mills River, NC
Are you interested? Send your application and CV in via our recruiting system until August 14th, 2022
If you have any technical issues with submitting your application, please contact our HR Service Center at or .
Only candidates authorized to work within the United States without sponsorship will be considered.
This Job Description is intended to be a guide and is not intended to be a contract of employment, explicit or implicit. All contents are subject to change at the sole discretion of the company. Collaboration is expected of all employees. Other tasks may be assigned as needed.
UPM North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
UPM Raflatac is leading in sustainable labeling through our innovative self-adhesive label materials and services. We offer high-quality paper and film label stock for branding and promotion, informational labels, and labels with functionality. We operate a global network of factories, distribution terminals, and sales offices. Our company employs around 3,000 people and made sales of EUR 1.7 billion (USD 1.9 billion) in 2021. UPM Raflatac is part of UPM. Find out how we are labeling a smarter future beyond fossils at
Follow UPM Raflatac on Twitter LinkedIn Facebook YouTube Instagram