BeiGene continues to grow at a rapid pace with challenging and exciting opportunities for experienced professionals. When considering candidates, we look for scientific and business professionals who are highly motivated, collaborative, and most importantly, share our passionate interest in fighting cancer. General Description:
The Senior/Financial Analyst R&D Finance will be responsible for tracking and analyzing the financial performance of total R&D as well as individual businesses. Reporting to the Associate Director of Reporting and Consolidation and based in US, this individual will assist as an important business partner internally for R&D finance team, Corporate FP&A, Accounting and HR to consolidate various reporting and analysis and streamline work processes across the functions. The FA also will provide finance decision support to the businesses (perform as Fin Business Partner to Development functions) through developing their budget, quarterly forecast and long-range plan, completing month-end close, analyzing budget vs actual variance, and presenting insightful reports detailing key performance indices.
The successful candidate will have prior pharmaceutical industry experience working with R&D functions and proven successful business partnering experiences across the company.
Key personal competencies for success include the ability to process and consolidate data from various sources, good understanding of the operation and finance processes, the ability to handle multiple competing priorities, outstanding teamwork and collaboration skills, effective communication skills, and positive can-do attitude. Essential Functions of the job:
- Assist in preparation of reporting and consolidation for all financial cycles (monthly close, annual operating plan, quarterly forecast and long-range plan).
- Support the businesses to develop annual operating plan, quarterly forecast and long-range plan. Provide spend/investment guidance through PR approval, variance analysis.
- Complete month-end close in an accurate & timely manner with tight deadlines.
- Evaluate actual results vs. budget/forecast, provide insightful variance analysis, identify the business drivers, communicate the financial impact and provide guidance to make right business decisions.
- Assist developing dashboards and financial models to improve the efficiency and accuracy of the reporting and financial estimate.
- Assist to working with Corp FP&A, Accounting and HR to improve monthly close processes and ensure timely timesheet reporting.
- Assist on ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests from R&D leadership team.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in financial planning role, preferably in pharma or biotech organization
- Bachelors degree in Finance or Accounting required
- Strong planning, reporting and analytical skills with demonstrated business and systems proficiency in previous roles.
- Treats people with respect; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values. Planning/Organizing
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Follows instructions and responds to management direction. Communication
- Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Writes clearly and informatively. Able to read and interpret written information. Teamwork
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed. Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Shares expertise with others. Adaptability
Able to adapt to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events. Technical Skills
- Assesses own strengths and development areas; Pursues training and opportunities for growth; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others. Dependability
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan. Quality
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality. Analytical
- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data. Problem Solving
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Project Management
- Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget. Computer Skills:
Strong computer software skills (Microsoft Office Suite Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
Experience using financial systems, including skill with ERP and budgeting tools (e.g., TM1, Hyperion, Adaptive, etc.) Travel:
Some travel in the US required with minimal international travel.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. BeiGene does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.