I am currently recruiting for a business based in Pontypridd who are going through a period of transition and are looking for 2 Finance Business Partners to join on a contract basis with the potentil to go permanent.
You will need to be immediately available or on short notice as they want the rol ein place in the next 2 weeks ideally.
- Be responsible for the provision of high quality financial management information and provide professional advice to senior managers and all budget managers within the business.
- To produce monthly management accounts for budget holders that ensure the business has an up-to-date position with the finances to support decision making.
- To contribute to the overall corporate reporting of the companies financial position and the reasons behind the more substantial variations to plan.
- The post holder will proactively work with budget holders to resolve any concerns or difficulties with their financial performance and will assist in the preparation of the annual budget.
- Contribute to corporate decision making using knowledge and experience to influence key stakeholders.
- Support the Finance Senior Lead in the delivery of a professional finance service.
- Production for the monthly management accounts for the Group, including monthly budget reforecast, cashflow and commentary within agreed timescales.
- Support budget holders in understanding the financial results, variances and links with performance data.
- Attend Directorate meetings as the Finance professional and proactively contribute to discussions and decision making.
- Assist the Finance Senior Lead in the preparation of the 30 year business plan.
- Preparation of the Annual budget for areas within own responsibility.
- Prepare information for audit within agreed timescales and be a liaison as required.
- Ensure you keep up to date with accounting regulations through Continuous Professional Development including attendance at appropriate training courses and conferences
- Proactively identify and improve business processes within the Finance team and wider Association contributing to a continuous improvement and VfM culture
- Completion of all relevant returns to statutory bodies.
- Ensure procedures across the team are accurately recorded and updated and are compliant with the Financial regulations, Scheme of Delegations and other Governance documentation within the Association.
- Carry out ad-hoc projects as required.
- Provide cover for the Finance Senior Lead when required.
- Supervise the Assistant Accountant providing support and guidance as required.
- You will hold a recognisable qualification
- Minimum 3 years post qualified experience
- Experience in preparing long term business plans
- Experience preparing management and statutory accounts within short timescales
- Production of performance management information and interpreting the results
- Experience of developing internal financial controls and writing procedures
- Able to communicate effectively with a wide range of people both internally and externally
If you are immediately available/on short notice and can start ASAP then please get in touch. This role is a hybrid role 2 days in the office 3 days wfh.