HNI Corporation is a global family of brands for the workplace and home dedicated to enhancing the spaces where we live, work, and gather. We pride ourselves on fostering an environment where we make a positive impact on others; upholding our beliefs in integrity, inclusion and belonging.
What we need:
- We are adding a Cutting Production Lead to our HBF team in Hickory, NC!
Coordinates the day-to-day operations of a group of members. Assigns, monitors and reviews progress and accuracy of work, directs efforts and provides technical guidance on more complex issues. Other responsibilities include departmental safety, quality and adherence to established processes, and prioritizing work assignments to achieve on-time delivery of products, resources and projects.
Some of the essential aspects of the position include:
- Plywood and Foam manufacturing
- Solves problems through investigating and identifying root causes related to production activities in order to prevent reoccurrence and facilitates root cause resolution.
- Coordinates materials within and between departments to ensure continued and steady pace of product flow.
- Reviews and interprets production schedules for proper sequencing of products and recommends revisions/adjustments.
- Assigns people to work based on production needs.
- Provides input on employee performance appraisals.
- Accountable for maintaining performance metrics including complete and one time (COT), productivity, quality and safety.
- Develops standard work for key activities and monitors integration of standard work into manufacturing processes.
- Maintains safe work environment by managing adherence to company safety policies, safety standards and good housekeeping practices.
- Recommends measures to improve production/process methods, equipment performance, utilization of people, and quality of product.
- Conducts ongoing skills training as needed and provides cross training designed to build competency levels of team.
- Has a thorough understanding of overall processes and machinery used in the production process.
- Instructs and trains members new to department or company.
- Assures that production equipment is functioning properly and that established preventative maintenance has been completed.
- Coordinates vacation scheduling for work team.
- Participates in lean continuous improvement events and supports implementation.
What it takes:
- Proven ability to effectively lead teams.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work overtime and weekends to support varying production schedules.
- Complies with company rules, regulations and safety practices as well as any local, state or federal job-related regulations.
- High School diploma requires; Associates Degree preferred
- Strong verbal/written skills
- Ability to multi-task and function well under pressure deadlines
- Ability to read and understand such documents as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to consistently meet high quality/quantity performance standards
- Must comply with company rules, regulations and safety practices
HNI Corporation (NYSE: HNI) is a manufacturer of workplace furnishings and building products, operating under two segments. The workplace furnishings segment is a leading global designer and provider of commercial furnishings, going to market under multiple unique brands. The residential building products segment is the nation's leading manufacturer and marketer of hearth products.
HNI Corporation was recognized in 2018, 2019, and 2020 for the diversity of our Board of Directors and was named in 2020 and 2021 as one of America's Most Responsible Companies by Newsweek.
How we act today protects how we live tomorrow. Check out our 2020 CSR Report here:
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), are not just core beliefs at HNI - they are operational imperatives. We value each other's differences in experiences and ideas to solve problems and better serve our customers. Take a look at our DEI goals here:
We offer Benefits on Day 1, including a new voluntary benefit, Daily Pay! To learn about all the benefits HNI has to offer visit .
We also invite you to visit us at to learn more!