Position at HBF, 900 12th ST DR NW , Hickory, NC 28601
Walk-ins welcome on site at Employment Center or apply online with work history at !
Shifts & Schedules
Monday - Friday (6:00 AM - 2:30 PM)
Monday - Friday (7:00 AM - 3:30 PM)
Pay: Pay based on prior manufacturing experience and skill. We pay our Members weekly!
- Lifts and places frames on and off work table/cart (50 to 150 lbs).
- Maintain a work pace that supports production goals.
- Moves frames to and from work station.
- Applies upholstery materials to frame with a staple gun using correct amount of material per specifications and upholding high quality standards that apply; corrects own mistakes.
- Operates and maintains upholstery equipment including swivel tilt equipment, brassing, spring up, and gluing equipment.
- Performs trimming operations applying ply grip with staple gun and tack strips with hammer.
- Member will be expected to maintain flexibility and will occasionally perform other roles in Level 2.
- Wears all required PPE; safety glasses and safety shoes
- Maintain clean work area and follow 6S guidelines.
What it takes:
- 3 years previous upholstery experience
We look forward to hearing from you!
Why HNI Corporation?
HNI Corporation (NYSE: HNI) is a manufacturer of workplace furnishings and building products, operating under two segments. The workplace furnishings segment is a leading global designer and provider of commercial furnishings, going to market under multiple unique brands. The residential building products segment is the nation's leading manufacturer and marketer of hearth products, which include a full array of gas, electric, wood, and pellet-burning fireplaces, inserts, stoves, facings, and accessories.
As one of the larger employers in Iowa, HNI Corporation has been ranked by Industry Week magazine as one of the Top 100 Best Managed Companies in the World , by Fortune magazine as The Most Admired Company in the furniture industry; and named by Chief Executive Magazine as one of the world's best companies for leadership development.
Allsteel, headquartered in Muscatine, Iowa and recently named as an Iowa Top Workplace , is a leading brand of HNI Corporation. At Allsteel, we believe that our office furniture products should address and solve workplace problems. Our furniture is made to improve productivity, make offices more efficient, increase comfort and make day-to-day tasks that much easier. We've worked collaboratively with some of America's leading designers, including Mitch Bakker, Bruce Fifield, Marcus Koepke, and BMW Group DesignworksUSA. Our product work often wins awards from the Industrial Designers Society of America, the International Interior Design Association, the American Institute of Architects, and Best of NeoCon, and is frequently recognized by design and architectural magazines.
We invite you to visit us at for the best visual overview of our organization.