HNI Corporation is a global family of brands for the workplace and home dedicated to enhancing the spaces where we live, work, and gather. We pride ourselves on fostering an environment where we make a positive impact on others; upholding our beliefs in integrity, inclusion and belonging.
What we need:
- We are adding Experience Cutters to our HBF team in Hickory, NC!
Ability to complete Cutter 1 and Cutter 2 resonsibilities. The Cutter 3 position will also program, set up, operate and maintain automated and hand cutter to cut fabric to product specifications. Meet production, quality and safety requirements. Keep records, and maintain equipment and supplies.
What you'll do:
- Selects and compiles fabrics per production orders, ensuring correct quantities, colors, and fabric types are selected for the styles of chairs to be produced.
- Locate correct pattern and check fabric for defects. Verifies that fabric and pattern correspond to ticket. Check dye lots of fabric.
- Roll fabric onto machine and lift into cradle (2 persons function)
- Program, set-up and operate automated cutter.
- Change cutting blade as necessary. Perform preventative maintenance duties and minor repairs on the cutter as required. Maintain CNC programs, advising programmer of needs and requirements as necessary.
- Gather cut parts, sort, and bundle and prepare for sewing department following quality specifications.
- Gather scrap and place in scrap tray for recycling.
- Unload fabric roll from cradle and return to fabric storage area.
- Cuts fabric and leather utilizing manual shears, and patterns as necessary following quality and safety requirements.
- Provides support and back up for programmer and digitizing functions as required.
- Wears all required PPE; works safely at all times and reports unsafe conditions to Supervisor.
What you have:
High School or equivalent; able to read and write
Experience with the following tools; scissors, computer system, joystick control, screw driver, allen wrench.
HNI Corporation (NYSE: HNI) is a manufacturer of workplace furnishings and building products, operating under two segments. The workplace furnishings segment is a leading global designer and provider of commercial furnishings, going to market under multiple unique brands. The residential building products segment is the nation's leading manufacturer and marketer of hearth products.
HNI Corporation was recognized in 2018, 2019, and 2020 for the diversity of our Board of Directors and was named in 2020 and 2021 as one of America's Most Responsible Companies by Newsweek.
How we act today protects how we live tomorrow. Check out our 2020 CSR Report here:
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), are not just core beliefs at HNI - they are operational imperatives. We value each other's differences in experiences and ideas to solve problems and better serve our customers. Take a look at our DEI goals here:
We offer Benefits on Day 1, including a new voluntary benefit, Daily Pay! To learn about all the benefits HNI has to offer visit .
We also invite you to visit us at to learn more!