Please complete application and submit a resume.Position Description:
"OUR PEOPLEAREOUR STRATEGY"
We are growing and in need of an Estimator for our VSS International, Inc. facility.
Come join a team with a great company culture that offers competitive wages and benefits!! We offerPaid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision Care Insurance. We offer a 401k program. A Pension Program, Life Insurance, AD&D and opportunities for growth and development.VSS International, Inc.a leader in Pavement Preservationhas an exciting careeropportunity for an Estimator atour Chandler Office.
Responsibilities for this position include estimating and management of complex projects both public and private. Prepare estimates independently or as a team member, typically at the direction of the Chief Estimator and in some instances Construction Manager. Coordinate project schedule and produce monthly progress reports.Position Requirements: Estimator's ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES include the following
- Pursue projects to bid
- Schedule quantity takeoffs
- Prepare estimates using software (Microsoft Excel and/or HCSS)
- Consult with clients, architects, subcontractors and material suppliers to discuss and formulate estimates, effect cost reductions and resolve problems
- Work with the operations team throughout the preconstruction process in reviewing plans and specifications for constructability issues and determining general requirements on the project
- Ability to manage and track multiple preconstruction projects at once
- Analyze alternate means and methods to determine the most economic preconstruction alternative
- Compile and analyze subcontract quotes
- Review estimates
- Submit prepared bids assuring accuracy and completeness
- Prepare construction and subcontract agreements
- Arrange construction schedules
- Coordinate project schedule into overall operations schedule with Construction Manager
- Produce monthly progress billings and sub pay estimates
- Review production status daily with Project Managers, Project Engineers and Superintendents
- Assure that project team acts with integrity and employs ethical behavior during all stages of the estimating process
- Analyze progress consistently and compare to budget (estimate) to avoid overruns and costly delays
- Familiar with team atmosphere work environment. Ability to work in a team environment and fit in with company culture and processes
- Other duties as assigned.
Estimator's Education and/or Work Experience:
- Must have excellent communications skills both written and verbal to interact with internal and external drivers and customers.
- Proven leadership qualities.
- Must possess the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects utilizing organizational skills and communications skills.
- Strong sense of responsibility regarding timely and accurate completion of work, and a strong commitment to corporate goals.
- Must be capable of functioning under fast pace stressful working conditions.
Equal Opportunity Employer: AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
- Bachelor's Degree (BA) or equivalent from four-year college or university preferably in the civil engineering or construction management area; and/or related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum Two to four years in a construction environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and other software programs as they relate to engineering and estimating