Cobalt Recruitment are working with a NHS Trust in Essex to recruit an interim Estates Compliance Manager, paying circa £250 per day LTD rate (inside IR35, via umbrella company) for an initial 3-6 month contract.
The successful candidate will manage capital and estates compliance ensuring that that systems and processes are safe and available for their intended use, and that the Trust complies with all relevant statutory and regulatory requirements. You will schedule audits and develop action plans to ensure authorising engineers have attended and inspected all critical engineering functions as per HTM requirements.
The Post holder will monitor the statutory engineering tests and inspections in line with statutory requirements i.e. PSSR and LOLER and will schedule, organise and assist with additional needs for staff mandatory training. You will monitor all estates and capital projects to ensure CDM regulations are designed into every project and provide reports for all risk and governance committees and groups. You will also hold responsibility for being the Line Manager for the Water Safety team.
You will have/be:
- Working knowledge of the Capital Investment Manual and the processes to follow
- High level managerial, financial and strategic knowledge with regards to projects
- The ability to embrace a culture that encourages the use of initiative, individual and team responsibility, open communication, fairness, equality, and inclusivity. In particular, to ensure that time and resources are managed through effective support of teamwork, leadership and motivation across the Estates Department
- Knowledge of all risk assessments and method statements received from estates and capital contractors
- Able to oversee and, where appropriate, project manage improvements and innovations in the quality-of-service delivery and patient care
- Manage estates budgets with regard to compliance within approved limits
- Undertakes/commissions a range of estates condition surveys and audits in specialist areas such as asbestos, town and country planning
- Interpret legislative and other policy requirements on estates and facilities for the Trust and advise the Head of Capital on appropriate estates related matters
- Be able to travel around the Trust as required by the role
If this is something of interested or you would like to have a more detailed conversation about the position. Please apply for the role or contact Connor Humpage on / or Innocent Uworibhor on / .