The speed of technology. The influx of data. Shifting regulations. Increased customer expectations.
That's where you'll find SS&C, helping clients find opportunity in ever-changing and complex customer, business, and regulatory requirements. Mastering complexity
is a constantly changing and evolving challenge - one that only a few people can embrace and thrive upon.
If you see your opportunity in complexity
, then we are the right fit for you.Job Description:IT Field Services
Headquartered in Windsor, CT and with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia, SS&C provides the global financial services industry with a broad range of highly specialized software, business process outsourcing (BPO) services and application service provider (ASP) solutions.
SS&C Technologies delivers mission-critical software products and services to the global financial services market, supporting the front, middle, and back office processing needs of industry professionals. SS&C provides software, consulting, and premium outsourcing services to eight industries: Alternate Investments, Asset Management, Insurance & Pension Funds, Financial Institutions, Municipal Finance, Real Estate Property management, Commercial Lending, and Corporate Treasury.IT Field ServicesResponsibilities:
Work with internal users within a corporate environment to provide level one and two technical assistance. Provide support to global ASP clients and utilize troubleshooting skills to solve problems as needed.Primary Duties:
- Responsible for all aspects of installation, configuration, maintenance, and delivery of all standard end user hardware and software, including Windows and MacOS devices.
- Maintain accurate inventory, assign asset tags and maintain asset management data for all end user hardware and peripherals.
- Provide frontline customer service in complex/high profile work areas, either remotely or at the end user's location, using troubleshooting and technical skills to resolve complex problems and perform maintenance tasks.
- Works proficiently with hardware and software testing tools and techniques and possesses a strong knowledge of PC/LAN communications hardware/software in a multi-protocol environment.
- Regularly serve as a technical resource for others within the organization.
- Perform password resets and administer users in an active directory environment.
- Monitor/update ticketing system and making sure they are addressed in a timely fashion.
- Remotely troubleshoot technical issues over the phone or through email.
- Assist supervisor to streamline daily support procedures.
- Assist with the upgrade and maintenance of software, as needed.
- Maintain and executes project plans.
- Document changes in procedures and in automation of both daily support and maintenance of systems.
- Gain experience, understanding, and expertise necessary to complete assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to research and resolve customer issues in a timely and accurate manner with minimal guidance.
- Provide regular status and progress towards milestones with one's supervisor.
- Experience with Active Directory
- Experience with VPN (IPSec/SSL) software
- Experience with Citrix Presentation Server
- Experience with Windows workstation/server operating systems and Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with MacOS and Apple devices is a plus.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Effective communication skills
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the relevant technologies and platforms
- Ability to function and contribute in a team environment
- Basic project management skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Position requires B.S. in Computer Science/related field or equivalent technical training and work experience.
- 3+ years of relevant experience. A strong knowledge of hardware, Microsoft Operating systems, Citrix Presentation Server and Windows Domains. Database experience (SQL/MSAccess) is a plus.
Kansas City Missouri
SS&C is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about Equal Opportunity in the Workplace please click here and here. SS&C is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need an accommodation or accessibility assistance to complete the online application, please contact us at for assistance.