Our client has a vision that is beyond a connected home, rather a smarter home where technology is your friend and not an obstacle. Their fantastic team is focused on next generation distributed platforms for the connected home ecosystem; they solve real life problems and bring improvements to the masses. They are infatuated by technology; however only see it as the means and not the goal itself. They accept no boundaries and no problem should remain unresolved.
Their products and technologies are touched by hundreds of millions of people every week, They design & developed an extraordinary number of products for the connected home, backed by a complete ecosystem of data driven embedded software solutions & cloud services for connected devices from leading brands in pay TV, mobile, gaming and consumer electronics segments!
As a member of this multi-disciplinary team you will be involved in every aspect of next generation data-driven embedded software product's (ideation, architecture & development, hardware bring-up, and customer platform integration, etc.). This would require deep understanding of their core technologies as well as technology trends in embedded software design and development, and smart home technologies and protocols. You will always be faced with a new puzzle to solve with current or new technologies with a single goal in mind, an unmatched user experience for our products.
More specifically, Embedded Systems team focuses on applying the latest techniques to solve major interoperability issues for devices in the home as a software solution for major players in the smart home and entertainment industries using our knowledge graph of connected devices in the home.
They are all students, and they do what it takes to achieve the goal. They are looking for a hands-on natural leader to join the fun.
This role will be involved in the complete product lifecycle with focus on product releases of our embedded and data driven software solutions. The position can be located in the San Mateo, CA, Santa Ana, CA or our new corporate location in Scottsdale, AZ. Primary responsibilities include core SDK product development as well as providing direct and in-direct customer support of those products.
Desired Skills and Experience
- As member of the software development group -
- Develop new technologies for our products-INNOVATE!! Bring your innovative ideas and build them up with a great team
- Working with the cutting edge technologies, including voice assistant, cloud integration, home automation and machine learning
- Your work will impact millions of consumers
- Adapt to new projects, you will work with various languages and tools here, never just the same tech stack
- Support of new feature implementations and product releases
- issue/bug resolution and sustaining support of existing releases
- Work as a member of the Agile cross-functional development team; release and iteration planning; development of user stories, unit test and feature implementation.
- Participate in dialog with other developers in discussing current and proposed architecture(s), defects, enhancements and other issues
- Work with and maintain automated build and test framework
- Full understanding and implementation of the software development life cycle
- Demonstrated organizational skills, with ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects in a timely manner in a fast-paced environment
- Required - Energetic and a natural innovator
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 2-5+ years' experience developing software for consumer products and/or embedded environments.
- Extensive experience with the following programming languages: Java, Ruby, C, C++11, (C# and Objective C a plus)
- Real working experience with the following HDMI technologies: CEC, Infoframe, EDID, UPnP
- Experience with the following RF technologies: BLE, RF4CE, ZigBee, Z-Wave; Wi-Fi a plus
- Exposure to Silabs, NXP, TI RF products is a plus.
- Strong troubleshooting skills for system level driver's and connectivity issues
- Any knowledge of Web Services and JNA/JNI; HTML 5 a plus.
- Experience with Android and Linux platforms
- Working knowledge of Agile development methodologies and software development life cycle
- Competitive Base Salary
- Potential Bonus
- Medical, Dental, Vision